𝐋𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐇𝗼𝐰 𝐭𝗼 𝐋𝗼𝐯𝐞

{WARNING: sexual content ahead}

"It's not a word, it's an emotion.
I know it's still hard for someone like you to identify it but... how about we start with you feeling vulnerable?"

-Shimmer
__________________

Sukia was requested to come to Cayde's place at 9pm by none other than him, and of course, I accompanied her. Instead of walking, she transmats in with particles of light so thick it almost looked like a glowing cloud that vanished as soon as she appeared out of it.

The first thing we see is Cayde sitting at a desk with what looked like multiple reports from his scouts in his hand. A map was sprawled out on his desk with a small stack of more papers. At first glance, you'd think we were in his offices but after a look around, it was just a wooden desk in his bedroom.

Goes to show how serious he takes his job as Hunter Vanguard. He doesn't even have an office for his work! I think to myself, honestly not too surprised. I wasn't manifested floating at my Guardian's side but I could still see everything she sees.

Sukia got down on one knee as she approached her superior and mentor. "You summoned me, sir?"

Cayde glances down at her with his glowing blue eyes before looking back to his work. "Anddd there you go again. Can't stop doing what you do, huh? It's embarrassing when you get all serious like that, ya know.. stand up, Sooks. I'm busy right now but I'll get to you in a minute."

I definitely made so I wasn't in my physical form now since I definitely would've accidentally laughed. As Sukia rose back up to her feet, I couldn't help but think to myself again. When she shows her loyalty the most is when she starts acting like a soldier. I don't know where she even learned this stuff, I mean, we're always together. It's as if it's instinct. Or memories embedded in her bones...

It wouldn't be a surprise to me. I already had a feeling that her abnormal fighting instincts had to do with muscle memory from her past life, which wasn't impossible.

Sukia stood in place silently as Cayde continued his work. Cayde was the only person I know who could receive all of the patience in the world from my hasty Guardian. Even if Zavala kept her waiting for too long, she'd eventually start tapping her toes. Though I have noticed that Sukia has been unusually stiff around her mentor since their confessions.

After a while, Cayde eventually peeked at her again and then slightly turned in his seat to face her more. "You know, Sooks, you're a little creepy standing in the dark just staring at me..."

Sukia's brows furrowed and she looked away awkwardly with a look of doubt in her eyes, as if she didn't know how to act in this situation. So I spoke up in our private channel over comms to her, giving her a little push of encouragement. "Why not act on what your heart wants, Suki?"

The pretty brunette's lips parted as if she were going to respond to me but nothing came out, instead she just ended up rubbing the back of her neck uncertainly. The Exo lifted one of brows, more curious than confused he seemed. Eventually Sukia made eye contact with him and walked over to her superior. Unexpectedly, the petite female sat down sideways on his lap with her side pressed against his chest and her head under his chin. We were taken by surprise over her simple action, since this is the first time our surly Guardian has ever showed affection up to this level. As awkward as it may be. Her face burned red from sheer embarrassment.

Cayde's arms spread out of surprise but after a few seconds, he chuckled endearingly and wrapped his arms around her firmly. Sukia's uncomfortable expression turned into surprise when she was pulled into his chest closely and her cheek smooshed against it too. Her surprise soon melted into a fond smile, her red face reduced to a light blush on her cheeks as she relaxed in his comforting grip.

He then pets her head with soft strokes against her dark brown hair and then he murmurs gently. "You're really something else, Sooks.."

It felt like forever he cradled my Guardian in silence. Eventually he clears his throat, his tone showing he was struggling to regain his composure. "So— um.. the idea was that we could've eaten spicy ramen and watched a movie instead of going out on a date at a restaurant since, well, this is meant to be a secret between us and all..."

Out of everything Cayde just said, Sukia's head perked up by only one word. "Date?" The female Guardian immediately felt selfish as soon as she blurted out the word and she looked away again. "Shit.. sorry, but I already ate."

Cayde went back to petting his protégé's head to ease her and humor in his voice. "Seriously? Don't apologize over that, Sooks. Besides— I'm sure my presence is a meal enough."

Though the Exo laughed at his own joke, Sukia looked away as her face flushed again. "You dumb bastard.. don't say shit like that."

The male Hunter tilted his head to the side. "Then what do you think I should say?"

His question was like walking into a trap set up for the Fallen, and Sukia still walked right into it as she met his gaze again. She unintentionally had the puppy eyed expression— big, green eyes and brows knitted together showed her inexperience in her new found feelings as if walking through an unfamiliar dark forest alone with no map. "I guess... I love you?"

A warm smile came to his mechanical jaw. "You already know that, don't you?" His hand on her crown slid to the back of her head as he pulled her in for a kiss.

Sukia gave a stunned "Mff!" but once again relaxed under his touch and eventually leaned in to kiss him back more passionately, finally being a little more forward now that she's in familiar territory. Her mentor kissed her back just as strongly as his hand behind her head moved down to her back and his other hand moving down to her thigh. By the way she hungrily kissed him, he took that as cue to tame his rough protégé by unbuckling her belt and slipping his hand down her pants. For a split second she whimpered before wrapping her arms around the back of his neck and continued to kiss him.

I on the other hand greatly regretted tagging along. So much for spicy ramen! I was kinda looking forward to that movie... I wonder if Sundance knew this would end up happening...

•••

By dawn, we were still at Cayde's place. She laid curled up at his side with her head on his chest in his bed, the both under the covers. Though I could imagine it must've been uncomfortable sleeping on his metal body, even if he was warm, but she didn't seem to care at all. I shamefully thought the way she clung to him in their sleep was kind of cute. I didn't like the way it happened, but at the same time I was grateful to Cayde.

She's not a war machine anymore... she actually seems human now.