𝐀 𝐆𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐆𝐡𝗼𝐬𝐭

We had been traveling through the forest all day since the night I brought her back to life. There were mountains here and there, and more in the distance. You'd think my Guardian's feet would grow tired by now but she didn't complain, nor speak at all. In fact each time I looked at her, she seemed confused has if pondering on where she is and what to do next.

Though I peeked at the woman to see if she was alright, I was also checking out her appearance. She was short, about 5'3", with an hourglass shaped body and lean muscles yet noticeably busty beneath her baggy shirt. Age wise she seemed to be in her late 20s or early 30s. The woman had dark brown, wavy hair that almost touched her shoulders. Her skin a dark tan that looked soft to the touch and her lips a dark pink and appeared heart shaped. Possibly mostly from the Brazilian race, by the sound of a faintest accent. She had a button nose, almond shaped eyes with long eyelashes, olive green eyes, and even a beauty mark beneath one of them. A beautiful, attractive woman all around. However I did spot a few, nasty scars beneath her ragged clothes as if her body had been through some hardships in her past life. Either way, it was hard to keep your eyes off of her. She must've had a lot of men falling for her. But why does she have to look so grouchy all of the time?

By the time the sun was starting to lower to the horizon and the sky taking faint hues of red and purple over the treetops, I finally turned around to face her. "Alright, that's far enough. Lets rest so that we'll heave strength for tomorrow. It'll be another long walk-"

"Talk." My Guardian cut off my sentence with a rather serious look in her green eyes again. "You told me you'd explain what the hell is going on. Now talk."

Not even going to say please? Talk about not judging a book by it's cover... I keep my thoughts to myself and speak. "You've been dead for a very long time. I-"

"How long?" Still talking in her blunt tone, once again she cut me off mid sentence.

"I'd say over a thousand-"

"Over a THOUSAND?!", she shouted her last word a little while examining her hands.

"Don't shout, you idiot! You wanna get caught?! ..And stop cutting me off!" I made an 'ahem' sound as if clearing my throat, if I had one, then continued. "As I was saying. I'm a Ghost. Actually, I'm your Ghost now. And you, well.. like I've said, you've been dead for a very long time. So you're going to see a lot of things you won't understand. Those things that attacked us earlier? They were Cabal, some of the enemy alien races that have invaded Earth. This land is quarantined and unsafe, so I need to get you to the Last City where it's safe."

"You called me Guardian yesterday

"You called me Guardian yesterday.. is that what I am?" she asked with a small tilt of her head.

When she's not being a jerk she's actually pretty cute.. "That's right. You're able to wield the Traveler's Light like a weapon. That makes you a Lightbearer. I was created by the Traveler. And as your Ghost, I'm able to heal you and resurrect you if you were ever to die like I did last night."