Coronation

Great Sept of Baelor, King's Landing

301 AC

Jacaerys stood next to the statue of the Father, garbed in a red and black doublet with black pants and black shoots. His silver-gold hair, typically kept short, had been combed out by the servants.

The Great Sept of Baelor had been named after the septon-king Baelor the Blessed. It was located at the top of Visenya's Hill, surrounded by a white marble plaza.

It featured a statue of Baelor, which stands tall and serene upon his plinth; his face is a study of benevolence. Large gardens, capable of holding hundreds of people, surround the sept.

The sept had an impressive marble dome structure with seven crystal towers, each of which had bells. Only on momentous occasions, such as the death of a king, were all of them rung. The lofty dome was made of glass and gold and crystal.

Around the doors leading into the building was a raised marble pulpit from which a septon could address a gathering crowd.

Past the doors was the entrance hall of the sept, which is known as the Hall of Lamps. Those entering the hall walk beneath suspended globes of colored leaded glass.

From the entrance hall, through the double-doors, was the sept-proper, with seven broad aisles which meet beneath the dome. It had seven large transepts.

Its floors are made of marble, and great windows of leaded, colored glass, and the seven altars were set about with candles. Different altars were used for different ceremonies, depending on their purpose.

For example, marriages were always conducted at the altar between two towering gilded statues of the Father and the Mother. There were several sets of doors leading into the sept-proper; septons use the Father's Doors, septas the Mother's Doors, and silent sisters the Stranger's Steps.

And for all of its beauty, it seemed cold to Jacaerys. He was glad he had married Visenya in the sept of Sunspear

The nobles of Westeros had come to the coronation of Visenya Targaryen. From Dorne to the North, all of the houses had sent representatives to attend the coronation.

"Her Grace, Visenya Targaryen!" a guard barked and everyone stood up. The Black Dragon blinked when he saw his wife.

Visenya wore a gown that was made of black and scarlet silk with a floaty skirt and bellowing sleeves. She wore a great cloak with the Targaryen sigil and her long white-gold hair in one long braid, rubies and diamonds shining in her hair.

The Dragon of the Desert was not one to go over the top, but for this moment she did.

Visenya walked calmly up to the statues of the Mother and the Father, where the High Septon stood and got on her knees.

"You vow to protect Westeros from any harm?" the High Septon asked.

"I vow to protect Westeros from any harm." the Dragon's Mother said calmly.

"You promise to protect the people of Westeros, from the nobility to the smallfolk?"

"I promise to protect the people of Westeros, all of the people of Westeros." Visenya answered.

"Then rise, Queen Visenya." the High Septon said. Visenya rose up and the High Septon picked up the crown of Aegon the Conqueror, brought back from Dorne, and placed crowned her.

He turned to the Black Knight and put a crown of lightweight jet decorated with rubies on him.

"All Hail Visenya Targaryen, the First of Her Name, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar, and the First Men, Lady of the Seven Kingdom, Protectress of the Realm! All Hail Jacaerys Targaryen of House Blackfyre, Prince Consort!" he boomed.

The nobility cheered loudly for the new rulers and the Sun Dragon let a small smile on her face.

She had done it.

That is today's chapter. I hope you have all enjoyed it.