Before the Battle

Storm's End, the Stormlands

299 AC

Renly strode along the battlements of Storm's End. House Tyrell had yet to his raven, offering to marry Margaery in exchange for supporting his claim to the Iron Throne.

Loras assured him they would support him, but he couldn't help but worry.

"My love, it will only be a matter of time." Loras said, striding up to him. "My family is just getting their banners called before they join us. Margery will be your Queen."

"Our spies have reported that." Renly muttered thoughtfully. He was still anxious, there was a chance Stannis would take King's Landing before him and Visenya Targaryen was on the other side of the Red Mountains.

The Sun Dragon had a better claim than him, but she was a women while he was a man. The lords would prefer him to a women who was the granddaughter of the Mad King.

Right?

"Your Grace!" a soldier yelled, rushing up to him.

"What?" Renly asked.

"There a group of men coming this way, led by Aaron Baratheon." the soldier said.

"My nephew is coming to join me?" Renly asked hopefully.

"They carry the Martell and Targryen banners. They come to take Storm's End for Visenya Targaryen, from what we heard while scouting." 

That is today's chapter. Just a brief thing about what's going on with Renly in Storm's End.