Interlude: The Dragons

Northern Camp, near Harrenhal

300 AC

"They're huge." Robb said, coming to where Visenya was stroking Rhaellion, Arthur training the soldiers.  

All four she dragons—Jacaerys and Aaron had joined them after Aaron's wedding to Margery and putting down the Stormlands, joining them via a portal spell.

Visenya smiled—the two had become close friends and would be see walking together. Robb had befriended Jacaerys and Aaron as well.

Robb had consulted her for political advice on a wife, admitting his growing attraction to Mera Manderly, a Manderly noblewomen who had come along as a medic and a childhood from when she fostered in Winterfell.

Visenya gave a green light, pointing she had Stark blood through her great grandmother, and since Robb had a southern mother, a wife from the North would appease his bannermen and honor House Manderly's long service to House Stark.

So Robb had asked Mera for her hand in marriage and she agreed. The Northern lords were satisfied with this marriage and House Manderly delighted.

"They grow around five inches a week." the Dragon Queen admitted. "We don't keep them cage, and they know to stay away from farms and what's theirs and what's not."

Mother and Father, you taught us so thoroughly of course we are perfectly behaved. Rhaellion spoke to her white-gold haired mother.

Except Starfyre. She snores. Nightreaver complained.

Hey! You're the one who leaves her scraps around! Starfyre snapped.

Girls! Suvia, the second biggest, growled.

"Uhh..." the Prince of Winter said, eyeing the dragons nervously.

"Its okay Robb. They were just arguing." Visenya assured her friend.

"Can we use them—" Robb quickly rushed to correct himself at the four glares sent his way. "Sorry, is Rhaellion, Suvia, Nightreaver, and Starfyre all big enough and ready for battle?"

The Sun Dragon hesitated to answer the auburn haired Stark.

Rhaellion, Suvia, Starfyre, and Nightreaver were larger than bears now, huge but agile, and battle sized— though Visenya loathed to lose them to Tywin Lannister, like she had lost her mother, brother, and sister.

We can fight. Rhaellion assured her mother.

"Yes." the Dragon's Mother answered.

And closed her amethyst purple eyes, and prayed she hadn't made the wrong mistake.

That is today's chapter. I hope you all enjoyed it.