LIII - Kill or be killed

Start from the beginning

"Wiggle all you want," sneered the Warlord, "no one is going to help you! You can't escape the cage! All contact with the outside world has been cut off, you are going to die in total indifference, no one will be aware of your disappearance. Whether it is your family, close friends, or simple citizens that you are supposed to protect... you will not be able to stop killing them."

The water in the atmosphere began to shake around Lucia and bubbles appeared on her body, as if she was boiling from the inside.

"You can always try to hide, you will not escape my cage! The terror will fall during several days!"

"It sounds everywhere..." Lucia muttered. "All over the city... I can hear the civilians screaming, screaming to be killed so they will stop slaughtering others... I can smell the blood in the air... "

A tear rolled down her cheek.

"I swear on my life, I will exterminate this scum once and for all!"

"Think carefully, will you be one of those who will come to kill me or will you join the ranks of the Don Quixote Family? Will you decide to hunt down and render account to the thirteen morons who had the audacity to challenge me?"

Gritting her teeth, Lucia then decided to move to try to calm her nerves. While Viola was helping her father to get up, and Zoro was talking to Luffy, she bent down and started to slide Law's chains over the back of the seat he had taken with him in his fall. He watched her do it, mute in the face of the anger that her eyes betrayed.

"Each star will bring you a hundred million berries," said the Warlord. "Let me introduce you to the real criminals of Dressrosa."

Before the eyes of all the citizens, pirates, soldiers, gladiators and dwarves, the wanted posters were paraded in ascending order. The ones with one star: Rebecca, Robin, Kin'emon, Viola, Franky. Those with two stars: Kyros, Zoro. At three stars there were Sabo, Luffy, Law, Riku. At four stars, it was Lucia's face that was displayed. Then at five stars, surprisingly, Usopp.

"Why is your face worth more than mine?!" lamented Luffy while holding onto Lucia's arm.

"I don't know," grunted the young woman, "and I'm not proud of it, so get off my back, we have to move. If we remain here we are going to be shoot."

"Come on, let our little game begin!" declared Doflamingo.

Zoro took the initiative to call Robin to try to centralize their information. Rebecca was with them, but Kyros had disappeared from their own group. Luffy revealed to the young gladiator that the toy soldier had been her own father all along. He then promised her that he would be the one to take care of Doflamingo:

"This stupid little game, we'll finish it quickly! Swear to me to stay alive Rebecca!"

"Promise !"

"You'll regret it Mingo !" yelled Luffy.

"Do you even know what you're doing ?" intervened Law. "That wasn't the plan, the plan was to destroy the SMILE factory and then create a rift between Doflamingo and Kaido. If we take out Doflamingo now, Kaido will blame us for the loss of SMILE and we will be the object of his wrath. And believe me, I don't want to take on an enraged emperor!"

"That's not the problem right now, there are much more serious things", answered Luffy. "No but look around you, we're not going to stay with our arms crossed while the country is suffering!"

"Well spoken", validated Lucia. "As for you Trafalgar, you'll lecture us another time, I'll point out that you haven't been sincere about your intentions, so your plan will be right there where I think it is!"