XV - The war is over

At the bottom of the icy ocean water, an eddy shook the ordinary currents. Amidst the debris of ice, wood and metal, blood mingled with the salt water. Slowly, very slowly, the body of The Elemetalist Lucia sank deeper and deeper. Her eyes closed, her mouth open, every second took her further away from the frozen surface of Marineford Bay.

Unconscious, she perceived neither the lights that appeared nor the white noise of the approaching engine.

"Captain, there is no more ice on the surface!"

"We're coming up!"

"Wait, Captain, I think there's a body ahead."

"We're not here to take care of everyone, leave the dead where they are."

"Captain, I think you'd better take a look at this."

"Alright, show me..."

"So... what do we do?"

"Get underneath and try to pull the body up with the ship !"

"Got it!"

The yellow submarine of the Hearts crew broke through the surface of the sea with the inert body of Lucia on its deck. With one look, the captain ordered his crew to take her to the operating room and wait for him to return with the others. Then he set about claiming the Straw Hat from Buggy, who was holding him and Jinbei, while trying to avoid Akainu's salvos, determined to kill the boy. After an eventful dialogue between Buggy and the pirate captain, who was none other than Trafalgar Law, one of the 12 rookies of the worst generation, Luffy and Jinbei were finally put in the hands of the Hearts crew. Jinbei and Luffy soon joined Lucia in the operating room, where Law set about giving them emergency treatment - or, as it were, saving their lives. They sank deeper and deeper into the ocean to avoid the attacks of the admirals who continued to hunt them down. Finally, on the surface, the war between the navy and the pirates came to an end, after a trying day and painful deaths. Shanks looked sadly at Ace, Whitebeard, and Lucia's garment, which had clung to a rock and was flying in the wind, with no trace of its owner. There was no doubt in anyone's mind that Lucia was dead and that her body must lie at the bottom of the sea. She may have been extremely powerful and had a devil fruit that could control the water, but she could do nothing against the sea and there was no way she could have escaped the fall.

Little did they know that the young woman was indeed at the bottom of the ocean, in critical condition, but that she was not yet dead. When Law bent over her body to examine the wounds, he was surprised to find that she was still alive. Half drowned, her chest pierced twice by Akainu, a serious blow to the head, her wrists bloody, she was still breathing weakly.

"Well, she's been through a lot," said Penguin, examining Lucia's body. "I can't believe her heart's still beating."

"She's hanging in there," Law said simply, and then set about treating her. "But I'm not sure I can keep her alive."

He frowned before starting to repair the damage. Her life was hanging by a thread really. Stabilizing her would not be an easy task and then there was no guarantee that she could wake up afterwards.

All over the world, the news circulated. The Navy had won the war. A so-called "supreme and crushing victory". These few words were enough to sweep away the dozens of dead and wounded on Marineford's soil. The world only remembered the broad outlines of this war. Whitebeard had lost. Ace was dead. Lucia was dead. The world celebrated the victory of the Navy forces, shouting with joy as they saw the names of the pirates who had fallen in the conflict. The crowds were jubilant. The war was over.

On Women's Island, Hancock allowed the Hearts crew to dock in the gulf of the island so that Luffy could recover. If the Straw Hat was under the protection of the Fishman Jinbei, currently Law and his crew were the only ones who knew where Lucia was and that she was still alive at the moment. No one was coming to claim her and he wasn't sure what to do with her. He spent most of his time watching over Luffy and Lucia in turn. For him, Luffy's awakening was only a matter of his will. On the other hand, for Lucia it was much more complicated, Akainu had really hurt her badly and her heart was having a hard time accepting the scars.