XXXIX - Underwater fight

As the crew gathered in the square, the civilians cheered the pirates. But Luffy's crew quickly realized that even though their captain had successfully taken down Hody, the fishmen had lost none of their smugness. Lucia remained on guard, her hand resting on the pommel of her sword. All gathered around the mermaid princess, they asked her permission to let them protect her now. A crash brought them back to reality. Hody emerged from the rubble, looking even more menacing than before. He accused Jinbei of treason, since he seemed to be getting along well with the humans and had taken their side. He then described his ultimate ambition, to take over the kingdom to join the Reverie and slaughter all the kings who would sit there. A cold shiver ran down Lucia's spine as he outlined his macabre plan. He finished his diatribe by declaring that it was him, and him only who had the right to be the king of the pirates. Lucia sighed, knowing in advance the turn that the events were going to take. Luffy stretched out his hand on the side, palm upwards. Lucia smiled and took it gently. She felt Luffy's fingers close around hers, in a reassuring and soothing contact. Without saying a word, without answering, he let her go and then calmly walked towards Hody and his men before being surrounded by the pirates who were obeying Hody. Then, without warning, he poured his Conqueror Haki on the square. In one motion, all the men around him fell unconscious. No less than fifty thousand men fell. Faced with the general astonishment, a satisfied smile stretched the lips of Lucia who even let out a laugh.

"Damn, he's not discreet..."

"He became so strong in only two years", blew Jinbei, admiring.

"It's Ray who trained him, I remind you", Lucia laughed.

She was not less impressed, he had grown since she had seen him for the last time in Marineford. He had now the necessary shoulders to enter the New World without worries. She stretched without breaking her smile and prepared to fight, as did all the pirates of the crew. Luffy rushed into the air and swung his arm to bring it down on the square.

"Always more spectacular..." Lucia laughed.

She drew her sword and pointed it at those who stood before her:

"It is precisely to face opponents like you that I learned to fight differently than with my power."

She had a carnivorous smile and, before they even realized it, she dashed between them, slaloming between their legs while making herself intangible and her blade cut their bodies as if they were made of foam. She reconstituted herself a little further away, not a little proud.

"And what? Is that all? I am disappointed..."

One after the other, Hody's henchmen fell, powerless against the attacks of the Straw Hat crew. The fish-man felt an inordinate amount of anger rising within him. In the palm of his hand, he created a drop of water three times larger than the ones he had thrown at the king and princes earlier and sent it at Shiraoshi. Before anyone could react, Jinbei had interposed himself with the same technique. Lucia looked at him admiringly:

"Impressive, I felt the blow go off but I barely had time to move."

"It comes with the training... but know that the drop of Hody is the karate of the beginners although it shows an unordinary power. "

Lucia laughed and looked up to see that the fishmen were launching an aerial attack. She sighed:

"They are wearing out."

"You say so," Sanji replied. "Will you do me the honor of accompanying me to this fight?"

She smiled a little as she met his mischievous gaze while he lit his cigarette:

"With pleasure."

The spiny carapaces of the porcupine squadron penetrated the skin of Lucia and disappeared in her aquatic body to their great surprise: