XXXXVIII - Dressrosa in sight

It can't be... it can't be! Lucia could not move, she tried to move her body, it refused to act. Breed then began to applaud the Dugong, congratulating him to have sent these humans to the carpet. The animal did not give up and stepped in, but was quickly called back to order. It was Chopper's turn not to be able to contain himself anymore, he slapped Breed hard and exploded.

"I AM A PIRATE! WE ARE FREE BEINGS AND BELONG TO NO ONE!"

"Chopper..." gasped Lucia.

Breed threw the reindeer to the curb, calling him crazy, throwing back in his face his lack of compassion and empathy that will make him a loner who will never find what he needs. The lashes came again. He then ordered his animals to get rid of Chopper, Dugong and Lucia right away. The army of sea rabbits threw themselves at them but they were stopped short by a discharge of Conqueror Haki that Lucia knew all too well. Overcome with relief, she smiled and a tear rolled down her cheek as the silhouettes of Luffy and Law came back towards them.

"Your power no longer has any effect on us," said Law.

With a cry of anger, Breed tried to order the pirates around, but they didn't move an inch, just stared at him. Law smirked.

"If we don't hear your orders... your power has no effect on us." He put his hand to his ear and pulled out a plug that blocked the sound. "You can only control those who hear you."

"When did you figure that out?"

"When you gave Caesar an order earlier, you had to repeat it to make him obey you. Then the kid told me the same thing earlier right before falling unconscious. That only confirmed my idea."

"So that fight? Was it a fake?"

"As far as I'm concerned: yes. Only Straw Hat was under your control."

Breed then lost all self-control, perched on his pedestal, he created a new collar and gave a command to himself. His body distorted, deploying 100% of his strength, normally impossible to summon. With her hands over her ears to escape Breed's control, Lucia was horrified. Breed sent the sea bunnies, still unconscious but under the power of the Trainer's Fruit, after them, who could only obey him. Law, who was still holding Caesar's leash after picking him up from a spell, also went to pick up Chopper so he wouldn't get hit too hard. The Dugong then decided to rebel, followed by all the sea animals who stood up with an angry look in their eyes. Together they managed to immobilize Breed and create an opening for Luffy and the Dugong to hit him together. Their combined power hit Breed in the stomach and sent him tumbling through the ceiling. Immediately, the necklaces that always adorned their necks shattered. Lucia sighed with relief, but as soon as Breed's command disappeared, her body failed her completely and she collapsed to the ground.

"Lucia !"

Without wasting a second, Luffy rushed to her side:

"hey... you okay?"

"At the top..." she mumbled, "really I never felt so good !"

She had a nervous laugh that Luffy followed before taking her under the arm to help her get up and walk:

"Come on, let's get out of here!"

"With pleasure", she breathed.

They returned to the Sunny as the sun was rising and the sea bunnies even did them the honor of bringing the boat back on its initial trajectory, straight towards Dressrosa. They said their goodbyes to the crew of the underwater creatures and then Nami, catastrophized, took Lucia to the infirmary.

"Oh my, but what happened there, look in which state you are..."

"I'm okay Nami, I assure you..."

"Stop talking", Law intervened. "The raccoon needs to rest too, so I'll examine you."