Chapter 44- What the future Holds

Start from the beginning

"Hey, hey, wait a minute now. Slow down, you silly man," I cut him off.

"Move your company? What the hell is that about?" I asked, putting a hand to my waist as I asked, waiting for him to answer.

"Don't say Hell when there's a child in you, they learn things even before they're born. Babies are all just cool like that," And suddenly he was a fan of babies.

"Lucian..." I stretched his name out as if reprimanding him.

"I don't want to ask you to have to move your company to Germany for me, but I don't want to be away from you either so I decided it would be best for me to move-"

He was, without a doubt, too good to be true. How could a person be so adorable? Honestly, I was excited to see him as a father, I knew he'd be a good one no matter what.

"You really are a silly man," I cut him off with an amused laugh.

"I am?" He asked.

"Yes. Now, if you would just let me speak then you would understand that I never planned to settle down here in Rome after having confessed my love to you," I poked his cheek as he blinked, struggling to follow my words.

But I understood why he would think that I was being reluctant. 

We weren't supposed to stay here in Rome for as long as we have since I got my company back, but I had underestimated the amount of damage that had been done to the said company, so bringing it all back on track has been deemed difficult.

But, while I've ended up staying here longer than planned, I never planned to stay here for the rest of my life. Eventually, I'd return to Germany, that's my home now.

"From the moment I first told you that I loved you back then in Berlin, I planned on moving my company to Berlin because that is my home now. Julia, my in-laws, and most importantly, you... You're all there, so why would I stay here?"

He gulped, eyes beginning to water either out of emotion or because he wasn't blinking, but either way, he released a loud sigh, coming to embrace me tightly as I hugged back, getting on my tiptoes to kiss his cheek.

"I want our child to be born in Germany, Lucian. I want them to grow up surrounded by family, I want them to become a person as great as you," I whispered into his shoulder as his hand stroked the back of my head.

"I love you," He murmured.

"I love you too," I laughed.

***---***---***

Days slowly drifted by until they became weeks, and weeks into months. As I worked to move my company headquarters to Germany, Lucian stood by me the entire time, in the moments that he wasn't busy baby-proofing the house, I mean.

The baby hadn't even been born yet, but he was already so overprotective of it, and I can only imagine how protective he'll be once the child is actually born.

"Hey, what are you doing standing up, you should be sat down," I jumped, feeling as though I got caught doing something bad as I turned to see Lucian walking into my office.

"I've been doing nothing but sitting since you found out I was pregnant, let me stretch my legs a bit," I sighed, glaring at him as he came to put a hand on my protruding stomach, leaning down to kiss it before standing up to peck my lips.

"Okay, but don't stress yourself out too much, you know I worry," Rolling my eyes, I went back to reading over the papers in my hand.

We were still in Rome, and I was finishing up in clearing out the company. All the workers had been relocated, some of them going to a different branch while others decided to move to Berlin with me, Alice, my secretary being one of them.