» 13

Lee Rang

While Haeyun was staring down at the streets, full of cars and crowd, I could not take my eyes off her as I feel a  vivid sting of pain in my heart.

It hurts. It hurt to lose Hyejin, It hurt to wait for all these years... But it hurt even more when I saw Jeon Haeyun. Because she came like a breath of relief that was meant to suffocate me later on. To think she's the one who is my everything while I know that, to her, presently I'm nothing is what is spreading an undefined ache in my heart.

"I'm sorry," I heard her say after a few minutes of silence.

"For what?" I asked nonchalantly.

"For being so indifferent, I think I took out my stress about something else on you. You just brought a drink for me as a colleague. And I overreacted." Haeyun let out a breath, tilting her head to look at me.

"No, I acted strange. Why would I get you that anyways? I barely know you, and we're just for work. I should have been more bounded." I spoke, wishing on the inside that it wasn't true and that you are the one I know at best, and the one who knows me at best... and that we're not just for work.

I sensed a tint of sadness on her face, and if it affected her as much as it affected me, I would say I'm happy even though it will be mean to say.

When Tuilipa and Yeon told me go after her even when the string didn't connect to her, I was restless, and wondered what would I do with her but now I feel like I want to spend time with her... Despite the fact that it hurts to be so close to Hyejin and yet so far.

I looked back at her again, and she was still staring at me, it hurts. It hurts to meet those eyes again but not see the love for me in them.  But for a moment, I think I saw flash of emotions in her eyes as if she was hurt.

But I don't want to keep high hopes until I get a clearer indication that she's Hyejin.

"Now I know my face is as alluring as a greek sculpture, but that doesn't give you any right to stare at me like that, Ms. Jeon," I said with a roll of his eyes and then put on a poker face.

I see her eyebrows joining annoyance, and her eyes rolled in disgust at my words. But soon she soothed the lines on her forehead, her lips parted slowly and her doe eyes looking at him without blinking.

That's- that's... Hyejin...  Only she would shrug off my narcissism like that

"Are you bipolar by any chance?"

Park Hyejin...

I blinked a few times, "what did you say?"

"I didn't mean to offend, but you acted like one."

I couldn't utter a word, my lips parted to say something but I couldn't.

Please let her be Hyejin.

"I'm not offended, or maybe I am..." I spoke after sometime and she just shook her head in disappointment.

"Mr-" she was forestalled by the ring of her phone.

"Yes, what is it- WHAT?"

It was a short call, and she looked panicked after it hung up.

"What happened?" I asked, as I saw her all scared, and I could see the fragile shaking of her hand because of probably anxiety.

"There..." She took a breath before speaking, "there has been a murder."

"What?"

.
.
.