» 11

"YOU?!" Haeyun gasped out audibly.

"Where are you manners, Jeon Haeyun," Mr. Shim stated sternly.

"Sorry," Haeyun looked embarrassed. "Hello, Mr. Lee. I'm Jeon Haeyun."

"I still prefer the previous one," Rang said underneath his breath, inaudible to both Haeyun and Mr. Shim.

"So, Haeyun, this is Mr. Lee, he now holds seventy percent shares of our company. And he's very fond of our companies policies and major productions. Since you're now the manager of research and writing department... I want you to assist Mr. Lee in understanding more of the process of the business. Will you?" Mr. Shim asked as if she wasn't bound to agree nonetheless.

"Yeah, sir." Haeyun replied.

"Mr. Shim, you didn't tell that one condition," Rang said to Mr. Shim.

"Oh yeah, Sorry, that was-"

"Shall I?" Rang intervened.

"Sure, sir." Mr. Shim forced a smile.

"While you assist me, Ms. Jeon, you will keep my identity a secret and must treat me as your intern."

"But sir-" Haeyun was forestalled by Mr. Shim.

"Haeyun! Don't you have manners, were you going to cross questions Mr. Lee?"

Rang clenched his jaw at Mr. Shim, "let her say."

Mr. Shim could feel his fiery gaze on him.

"What was it, Ms. Jeon?" Rang smiled at Haeyun, who just was finding it all awkward and stressful.

"Why would you want to be treated as an intern."

"I want to experience what people who work in my company experience. And do something of betterment for them. And you do not need to be any partial toward me. Does that answers your query?" He smiled at her, and she looked away from him in an instant.

"Now, Ms. Jeon would you please show Mr. Lee around?" Mr. Shim asked.

"But sir I have a session scheduled with Hyunjin and other interns in an hour, and the session is so important because-" Haeyun tried to reason out but Mr. Shim was not ready to have any of it.

"I know what I said, Jeon!" Mr. Shim raised his voice at her.

"Okay, sir." Haeyun said, and looked down at her feet with a frown on her face.

"It's okay, Ms. Jeon, you can show me around later, you shall complete the session first, I'll just look at the files till then." Rang spoke, making Haeyun shift her eyes at him in a sneaky manner.

"As you wish, Sir." Mr. Shim said.

"I shall take my leave, sir." Haeyun bowed and walked out of the room.

After Haeyun had left, Mr. Shim was left alone with Rang.

"You." Rang spoke with a mocking laugh, which soon disappeared and his face showed only annoyance.

"Raise your voice at her again, and I will make sure you never speak ever again."

.
.
.

Haeyun walked into her room and closing the door behind her, she rested her back against it.

"What even-" she buried her face in her hands, "what is even happening. Does that man know me? Is he a stalker? Am I in danger?"

Hyunjin walked in from the other side , from his cabin with a coffee in his hands.

"Manager nim, how was the meeting with Mr. Shim, what happened? You look pale." He spoke without a pause.

Haeyun just clenched her eyes closed, "I want to go back to Busan."