» 02

Rang, Soah and Yuri were sitting in the drawing room and watching tv, ShinJoo and Hyejin were cooking lunch.

"They look so engrossed in that," ShinJoo remarked, walking to Hyejin to give her the spatula she had asked for.

Hearing ShinJoo, Hyejin peeked into the drawing room, a low chuckle left her lips when she saw the three of them.
"Rang and Yuri are as interested as Soah." Hyejin smiled and continued to cook.

"It's good to see him move on." ShinJoo said.

Hyejin just nodded and smiled faintly because only she knew that Rang hadn't moved on, and he was good at acting. His tears were all gone now, but she knew he was still hurting even though he has made everyone else think he has moved on.

Yuri, Rang and Soah were watching a drama. Rang was quite intrigued by it and was watching it with interest until it showed something that made him go numb. It was a scene in which the male lead had let his younger brother win against him by his choice.

A flood of memories rushed in front of his eyes, he no longer could see the real faces of the actors in the drama. He was seeing his brother and himself in it.

"It's no fun to play with you. You have never won against me."

"I let you win, every single time. There were no exceptions."

"My sword has never missed its target, so think with that stupid brain of yours why you survived from my sword!"

"Listen to me carefully! I have never abandoned you."

"You know how much I wanted to take you away when you were a kid and used to keep crying? But your brother, Lee Yeon! He never let me. He would have killed me if I had even laid my eyes on you."

"How about you keep living by my side?"

Hyejin came in the drawing room to call them for lunch, Yuri and Soah heard her in an instant but Rang stayed silent and he seemed lost. Quietly, she walked to him and sat beside him.

"Rang-ssi." She called him softly, he parted his lips to say something but no words came out and she looked at the screen, the scene was of siblings. Her lips parted and her eyes made their way back to Lee Rangs face. She switched off the tv and saw Lee Rang lowering his eyes.

"It's okay," she sat beside him and pulled him into her arms. He didn't react for some time and then wrapped his arms around her waist tightly as if she would disappear if he let her go. He kept hugging her and her hands caressed his hair.

"You wanna talk about it?" She asked, her fingers soothing his curls.

He just nodded his head in negative and rested his forehead on her shoulder.

"Hyejin? Master Lee Rang? The food is getting cold!" They heard Yuri from the dining room.

"Yeah, Yuri, we'll be there in sometime, you all start." Hyejin responded and Lee Rang broke the hug.

"Lunch?" She asked, stroking hair off his forehead so that they don't block his vision and then she cupped his face. When he didn't respond, she just pecked the top of his head and hugged him again.

"I have made your favourite naengmyeon." She said, and heard him chuckle slightly.

"I doubt I want to taste that." He said as he broke the hug and composed himself.

"Hey, I swear it's good." She said with a fake frown.

"If you insist, I'll risk my taste buds."

She then gave him big innocent eyes with a lip tight smile.