» 10

Taluipa, the old hag could only sense the dangers, and she was well aware of the fact that he would come to her with questions and yet again she would turn him down. She never liked it... To always send him back with nothing but disappointment, in the past thirty years, Lee Rang changed drastically. He was no longer the young mischief young she had always heard of, and contradictory to her nature, she wished to have seen that side of Rang, not the loner, lost one. Taluipa let out a breath of air, looking out of the window, the weather was harsh and it indicated only storm, just like the future, present, and past of a certain gumiho.

"Old Hag!" Rang barged in, drenched in rain but acting as if it didn't matter.

"My goodness, Rang, what is this?" asked she, in a wail, wouldn't be wrong to say that she behaved like a mother to him at times when needed, "why did you get rained on?"

"I want you to tell me!" He urged, the eyes which were oozing out with pain pierced straight into hers.

"What do you want me to tell?" She affirmed lightly.

"Hyejin! Is she back?" He gulped a lump of tears, and gritted his teeth. "Why did you not tell me? Why did you not inform me about it!"

"Rang," Taluipa spoke out and sat back done, "I have told you this for infinite time, and even if I do have any information, I can't tell you. It will be a treason."

"Then commit the treason, but testify to me if the one I saw today was really her." He punched the table infront of her, trying to put up a show to cover up the fact he could fall on his knees right away and break down.

"Could you not do it by yourself? The string must connect you to her, if it does, then she's your Hyejin."

"It didn't. I didn't see it..." Rang stared down at his feet, "I saw her, it was the same face...the same...eyes..."

"It's you who has to find her back Rang, and... I can't help you. What did Yeon say?"

"He said that having the same face doesn't mean it's Hyejin..."

"He is not wrong... Rang."

But it felt like it was her... Her face flashed in front of his eyes again, and so did the fact that no red string connected him to her.

Why did she cry when she saw me?

"Rang," Taluipa's voice made him look up at her face again, "even if there's like almost one percent chance that it was Hyejin, go on and find out... I just want to ask this favor from you."

.
.
.

Hyunjin dropped Haeyun to her house before driving to his own. To his surprise, he found his roommate back earlier than usual.

"Welcome back," Hyunjin heard his flatmate before he came into view and plopped on a couch.

"Yah! Lee Minho- you scared me, how are you back to early?" Hyunjin kept down his bag and walked to the fridge.

"Our pending cases were cleared and now we have a new interesting case, but we have no evidence or clues regarding it so... We called it a day." Minho replied before picking up the book to read.

"What interesting case?" Asked Hyunjin before gulping down some water.

"There has been a dozen of murders. In the span of two days." Minho answered casually, of course, it wasn't a big deal really for a super cop intern.