» 09

→ Narrator

Hyunjin walked Haeyun in the cafe.

"Humble? Modest? Hwang Hyunjin?" Haeyun narrowed his eyes at him, "it's seriously magnificent."

"Don't claim that out loud," Hyunjin laughed.

"Why shouldn't I? I love appreciating what's beautiful."

"My father will start bragging and nagging at me," He pouted playfully.

"Ah, it doesn't matter. He gets to do that if he owns this," Haeyun stated, and Hyunjin pulled the chair for her.

"Thank you," Haeyun truly appreciated his gesture.

"What would you like to order?" Hyunjin asked, pushing the menu towards her.

"I see it's french themed, and you know? I am actually a fan of French Cuisine," Haeyun smiled.

"You see, it's destiny," Hyunjin grinned.

"Yeah, it's definitely that you are my long lost sibling." Haeyun pursed her lips together at Hyunjins reaction to her words so as to not burst out laughing.

"Anyways," sulked Hyunjin, "what do you wanna order?"

"Ah…" Haeyun turned the pages of the menu, Hyunjin was someone she had come on terms to be comfortable with but still, some sort of insecurity was there. She couldn't say out loud what she wants to eat or how she feels presently.

"Noona?" Hyunjin called out to her with sincerity when he saw her face fade. "Are you okay?"

"Hmm…yeah," she forced a smile. "I'll just have a coffee-"

"Are you uncomfortable, I'm sorry if I crossed any lines," the boy was at the verge of giving a regretful speech.

"No, no, Hyunjin, it's not so! You didn't make me uncomfortable, it's just… that's how I am… I'm sorry if I bothered you, it's just I never eat out with anyone a lot…" Haeyun stared down at her lap but then looked up, "i thought you were just too cool to notice that."

"I'm not just cool, and I'm good at reading faces." He winked yet again.

"Hwang Hyunjin!" Haeyun chuckled.

Hyunjin was quiet for some time, smiling and when the waiter came, He ordered two coffees and a croissant for each one of them.

"I think that you'd like that," he said right after the waiter left.

"Definitely," she smiled at him.

Soon, they got their coffee and croissant.

"It's so delicious, thank you Hyunjin." Haeyun said as she sipped her coffee, he smiled at her croissant stuffed cheeks, she surely didn't realise that she was speaking with food in her mouth. And when she did, she seemed devastated and embarrassed, Hyunjin didn't seem to help as he laughed at her.

"I'm sorry, noona. You're way too cute!"

Before Haeyun could say something in her defence, her phone buzzed.

"Oh my," she exclaimed, "we have a meeting in half an hour, Hyunjin!"

"Ah why?"

"Emergency schedule!" She said,

"Ah, let's go, the office is only twenty five minutes away from here."

"Yeah," Haeyun nodded and picked up her coffee sipper.
.
.
.

Rang reached the cafe, the usual one where he and Lee Yeon meet.

He pushed the glass door open,  unknown to what was about to come for him.