» 06

"Lee Rang…"

Rang could recognise the voice, it belonged to Jiah.
He had fallen fully unconscious for a few minutes, and as he was steadily regaining consciousness, he was trembling.

"Let this be a nightmare. It didn't happen. Hyejins not gone. It's just a dream." He prayed.

"Lee Rang!" He heard again, this time he felt Jiah shaking him to wake him up.

He was lying on the ground, his lips were trembling and eyes were shut as if he was avoiding waking up and facing reality. His hands fisted as he tried to open his eyes.

"It wasn't true. It was a dream, Hyejins not gone." He repeated the words in his head over and over again.

The next moment, he opened his eyes once for all, and let out the breath he didn't know he was holding.

"It was just a nightmare." He quoted. Helplessly. He stood up and looked around.

"The tent of that con man isn't here, it was all my imagination, it didn't happen," he kept rattling on.

"Nothing of that sort happened!" He yelled out, and dropped himself on his knees, tears streaming down his face. He buried his face in his hand, sobbing convulsively.

Jiah stood at a corner, crying to herself, she knew she would be of no help to him, even if he didn't hate her anymore, he wouldn't want her to comfort him. It was better if she stayed away from him.

He then noticed the red enchanted string on his finger,

"I'll meet you in another life, perhaps this was our ending in this one… but you have to live your life happily with everyone."

He could only indistinctly recall her words.

"In Another Life."

He shut his eyes, tears rolling down his face.

"Let's stay." She had said.

"She promised to stay with me as long as I live, but she didn't keep it."

He stared at the red string, now he was yet again replaying the past hour.

It was only a moment, a moment that shattered his world into a million pieces.

It happened just in a blink of an eye for him, it was his wildest fear that had now become his reality.

He felt like he was standing there all alone. There was no trace of her in the world anymore, the red string tied on his little was nothing more than a mere hope.

He glanced at the red string, it glimmered and glimmered, then it vanished into the void just like her.

"No, what this-" he almost yelled as it was gone.

It was the last string to be pulled to make him totally lose his mind, he began punching a tree that was near him, which did nothing to the giant tree but surely bruised his knuckles.

"Lee Rang," Jiah ran to him to stop him, she managed to get hold of his arm, and he threw a punch at her which stopped just before it could have touched her, he came back to his sense when he realised he was about to hit her, he backed off and calmed down before bursting out with words on her,

"Why are you here! Leave me alone!" 

"Destroying or hurting yourself won't do you any good!" She said, "it would- it would just… just make it worse."

"The string, the 10th lord. Try thinking about it. Go and try, just don't waste yourself like this, you found the way to get back Lee Yeon, you might find one to get her back as well."