Chapter 43- The Benevolence of a Woman Healed

Beginne am Anfang

The security was still a bit sceptical, but he nodded his head as he went to do as told, glaring at me as I glared right back when I walked passed him, Reid coming to walk beside me as the gate began to close behind us once again.

"Why are you-"

"-Because I want you both out of my lives as much as you do. Donovan is the only one that doesn't agree, but if you agree to my one condition, then I'll make sure to keep him away from your wife, for good,"

I raised a disbelieving brow, waiting for her to speak.

"You leave us alone," She has got to be kidding me.

"Excuse me? You're the ones that kidnapped my wife,"

"I mean after you get Angelina back. As long as you agree to not go to the police, or as you previously said, ruin us, then I'll do my part and keep Donovan away from you all,"

"Why the hell would I agree to that? You think I'll just let him go free after he committed that level of crime, you don't kidnap my wife and get away with it, you-"

"When it comes to crime, you're not exactly innocent either though, are you?" She crossed her arms. "I don't think it's legal to hire the mafia to take down a dukedom, wouldn't you agree?" I paused, raising my brow once more in confusion.

How does she know about Leandro?

"It wasn't hard to miss that amount of people lurking around the home that we all know I'm obsessed over. It wasn't easy to reach this position that I'm in, so I'm not about to lower my guard and let you ruin it all," Alright, I admit, I underestimated her.

I still hated her though, with a raging passion.

"How can I trust you? And how can you trust me?... I could agree to your terms and then ruin you as soon as I've taken my wife to safety," I was the one that crossed my arms this time as I glared down at her.

"A contract... Since you seem to like them," I swear, the word contract itself makes me shiver right now, and hearing it from the lips of this woman doesn't make it any better.

"But no matter how much I think about it, the one whose got the most to lose is still-"

"The more time you waste here, the more at risk your wife is at," She cut me off as I jolted back to reality, the glare unmoving from my face.

"We can discuss it later, but for now I would recommend that you-" I was the one that cut her off this time as I rushed towards the waiting mansion in the distance, Reid hot on my heels.

"This wasn't part of the plan!" He shouted behind me.

"Fuck the plan!" I came to a skidding halt when I caught sight of a familiar man casually walking towards the mansion just as I was, his hands tucked into his pants as he whistled a tune.

"Leandro, what are you doing here? You were supposed to be surveying the area from a distance," Reid slowed down to chat with the said man as I carried on my way, having much more important things to do right now.

"Yeah, well, long story short. I couldn't get very far because that Niveah woman was already waiting for us as if she were expecting us to come the minute that she found out her husband had kidnapped his ex-wife," He explained with a smile.

But unsurprisingly, the front door was locked. I banged my fists against the large object, shouting for someone to open it. "Donovan, you pathetic fucker! Open the damn door, and leave my wife alone!" I hit my fist against it again, and again, and again. I should have asked Nevaeh for a key before I ran off.