16| When Stars Collide

Was the weekend too fast to end or was she the one that didn't seem to care about how fast it moved? She wondered as she ambulated to her closet getting set for the fresh week. It was already morning, the sun was up illuminating it's glow around. People were roaming about the streets. Some to their workplaces, some the marketplace and some to the hospital. Different people with different dimensions. Life was just moving on and on with each passing day.

By the time Nadrah was done, she moved to her kitchen island where the breakfast she made earlier was waiting for her. She was always cautious of her stomach, to her, food always comes first before solving any puzzle she would encounter later in the day.

Fiddling about the time knowing she was a bit late already, Nadrah was still walking slowly as if she's not that person that's supposed to be in class thirty minutes before time. Now, she's already ten minutes late but she wasn't doing anything to hurry and be there at least thirty minutes after. Better still, she's still extending the time interval. This was going to be their last week to be on campus before their internship, but here she is, making it seem like it wasn't on her priority lists.

The worst punishment she would receive is the addition of an extra week going to campus, staying there for an hour, signing and sending a photograph of her to upload on her dashboard and coming back home to have her normal routine recycled. That will subsequently mean, the addition of a month or so at her internship centre. Instead of the normal signed six months.

The punishment solely depends on the organization that was appointed to her. Those were her thoughts and she believed it's nothing she couldn't handle.

As she made her way to the car that was parked by her chauffeur already in the driveway waiting, she opened the door slightly and gently hoped in to it. This is one of the instances she would pray for Abbah, his well being and for Allah to strengthen him more. She was grateful for all his doings because if not for him, she would probably be by the bus stop waiting to board a bus.

Life has been easy for her, everything is gradually coming in place and all she could say is Alhamdulillah always and forever. And also pray for Abbah for been thoughtful always. She was glad he is still with her through every phase and steps in her life, and she wouldn't ask for more.

"Rabbi Baarik li Abi warham li Ummi." She whispered silently, her eyes becoming glossy. This had always been her prayers. She waved the thoughts off and answered her driver that was greeting her in his thick Spanish accent.

***

All set in his boardroom attire, a two button suit paired with a white collared button-up shirt, a navy patterned muted tie and a closed-toe oxfords in black. Abdallah stared back at his reflection in the mirror once more. Dropping the comb he had used earlier inside the mini drawer that was beside the dressing mirror, he scrubbed something off his jacket now satisfied with his look. He wasn't someone that is so cautious about looks or anything. But he is always very sure to look representable ofcourse, if not for anything, then for the high regard people had awarded him.

The 'dressing to taste' vibe in him had died long ago. All this while, he was only trying to look normal not out of the ordinary or showcasing any extravagance. Nothing changed now too. It had always been the typical Advocate Elsheriff's dressing. And he was looking effortlessly dashing.

He knew this was his first day at the L&L law firm, so he would try all his possible best to stay in shape till when he will be done with them. Because to him, this was something he did on his own accord without anyone poking in to it. So, he promised to give them his maximum best. Atleast, that will keep his mind preoccupied from all those thoughts that kept disturbing his peace of mind always.