10| Slow and steady.

Terrified, was surely the least word I could use to describe the situation I found myself in. Just the look Jamal sent my way, was enough to send shivers down my spines.

He looked at my way one last time, taking a not so gentle strides towards his box. Not so quick, but just enough to show how angered he was, Jamal adjusted his figure down slightly. He slightly opened the box then placed the book Carefully.

After making sure everything was in place, he turned to my direction while taking steps towards the direction I was. Each step making me gulped down a heavy lump down my throat. It looked absolutely surprising, for him not to attack me as the way he intended to.

I was awaiting to feel a sting on my cheeks and hot tears streaming down my face. But Jamal took me by surprise, instead he went and sat down quietly as if he was not the person that was looking like an escaped lion from a cage. And I learnt something from what he did.

Anger Taming.

I certainly knew he was beyond angry. But he tamed it looking like-oh babe, chill all is well with me.

This was surely a star-winning reaction that was supposed to soothe my nerves down. But I knew better not to, for Jamal was someone that's so unpredictable, whose reading, is damn very difficult.

"You know what you did deserve some sort of punishment? Don't you think?" I heard his voice saying to which my heart skipped a beat for. But certainly not, am i giving him the reaction he was looking from me.

Vulnerability.

I narrowed my eyes on him. Looking at everywhere, but not into his eyes.
I couldn't really helped it.

I was so nervous around him. Scratch that, I was afraid of him.

"You don't keep shut while I talk. Do me the pleasure of answering the poor Jamal here. Will you?" He said calmly in a joyous manner indicating the pleasure he was deriving from our conversation.
The convo that's struggling with all it's might to make me pee right there on that spot.

"I'm sorry."
Do I have anything to say other than to apologize? For I knew I was beyond guilty. No I deserve to be punished.
I remembered how possessive I was over my things. How I would scream my lungs out when things weren't done the way I wanted.
Now, the table is turning around while I was on it resting fully. I regretted that habit, been now, the victim of it.

I really deserve to be punished. And That was what terrified me more-my awaiting result from the deed I sowed. That, I shall reap.
" You ain't Sorry Miss. How could you. Just who could you do that?" The master of rhetorics asked again to which I got no answer for. Slowly, the anger that decapitated earlier, came back fuming.

As stupid as I was, I mumbled again. " But I apologized to you."
With that, the storm roared back fully which made Jamal to be on his feet in a speed of light. He started walking towards my direction the way he walked earlier. Just that, this time around, I was sure Abbah would keep looking for the dead person I already was.

Jamal elevated his elbow up ready to give me the hot slap I deserved but decided against. He slammed his hand down to which I released a sigh of relief heavily.
"Don't just try that with me again." He muttered to me silently and was sure his Message was gotten by the receiver's end when I started nodding my head continuously like a hungry, helpless Lizard.