17| Misfits.

Sagged knees, eyes wide as Saucers, mouth hanged open, Nadrah dragged her petite figure stumbling her feet on the ground back to the car. You know that kind of feeling of anger mixed with disappointment right?

That was her state at that time or even worse.

She could be that timid girl that lack confidence let alone, retaliation when someone's done something to her. But this was different.

Making her upper and lower lashes to come in contact, by tightening the way she closed her eyes, she blew out a sound as she silenced the sound of her shrilling phone as a result of the continuous call from Sofie. She didn't have any more excuses to tell Sofie apart from the 'I'm on my way' she kept telling her. The girl was obviously not convinced about it and considering the way Nadrah was always cautious about not going late to class, she was left with no other choice than to think otherwise.

Fixing her veil one more time, she took a deep breath then made her way inside the hall.

"Good Morning Ma'am." She greeted. The old woman that probably seem to be in her late sixties, with her round Harry-Potter glasses that was positioned perfectly around her eye corners, she flipped her hair back to the side of her ears, then turned around her attention now on Nadrah that hated to be at that spot been the centre of attention of all the eyes that were in the hall.

"Yes Morning Miss Nadrah" She replied her beaming, a smile on her face which both of them knew was fake. Not only them, everyone else that was in the hall.

To Nadrah, that was at the least of her concerns though. She knew she was going to face her now or anytime. It's better to let it out now than later. They were law students after all and bound to face the law whenever they go against it.

"You can have your seat now. Meet me when we are done." She said dismissing her, while turning her head towards the direction of what she was projecting earlier. Nadrah nodded slightly then walked away and made herself comfortable on a seat beside Sofie.

Immediately after the class, she hastily took the elevator and headed her way down to Mrs. Flecha Garciá's office, she was an associate Prof in their Faculty and one of the powerful personnel in the law sector in the states.

"We have made all arrangement, you are gonna report today by noon to the L&L firm. Your internship starts today and ends a week after others are done." She declared adjusting her glasses while pushing an envelope towards Nadrah's direction.

As if waiting for her to drop the news, Nadrah dunked her head low, with a sunken heart she wished she could meet that very person one more time and possibly vent out all her anger on him. All these was happening just because of him. Had it been he was careful enough, she would still be late, but not as late as she's now receiving this as her punishment. But no, he decided to be careless and now she's the one at the receiving end of his actions. She had thought the punishment will be nothing she wouldn't be able to handle. Albeit, she's wrong somewhere because this was surely going to be hard on her.

She grabbed the envelope and placed it inside her bag. "Thank you Ma'am." She muttered then stood up and made her way out of the office.

Glancing at her wrist watch, she realized it was already half past eleven a.m. Meaning, she had only thirty minutes to be at the L&L firm. Not going back to the lecture hall earlier, she texted Sofie about the new development then made her way completely out of the building. She was glad there would be little to no lectures for that week. It was more like a week for them to get ready for their internship.

She hushed a sound after relaxing on one of the seats she boarded at a nearby bus stop. She was so tired for having to trek from the Campus to the bus stop and seemingly not in the right state to call her driver after making a mental note about the time it will take before his arrival. It was on hell of a walk with her trying to calm her angry self and the the intense emotional state induced by the displeasure she was experiencing. It was a bad combo, she knew.