18| Putting up an act

Feigning Ignorance and acting as if nothing had happened just some hours ago, here sits the mighty supervisor whom Nadrah had promised to strangle to death whenever they cross paths again.

But, definitely not in the circumstance-him being her IT supervisor and not in his office.

Glancing at his watch, with eyes narrowed slightly against the direction of his wrist, he then cleared his throat, Abdallah parted his lips with a perfectly quirked brow saying, "Mind explaining the reason you are late Miss?"

'Are you for real?' That was the reply that suited the question he asked. Nevertheless, she changed it with another which she presumed will go long way through him and possibly suit the professional setting he chose to play along with.

"I had some minor accident earlier in the morning due to some recklessness of an arrogant driver that didn't try apologising on the damage he had done let alone, compensation. But it's nothing I can't handle sir. Especially now that I know who the person is. The police will handle the case efficiently." She finished with a smile after getting the reaction she was looking from him which he was quick to mask it off.

"In a foreign country where you have no idea who the driver is, I advise you to exonerate the case."

A chuckle escaped her lips. One that was not humorous in a bit. She took some seconds before saying, "I thought Lawyers aren't supposed to back down while in a case come what may. But here you are sir, advising me not the retaliate back. I'm sorry but no way Sir. Pardon my words." She finished, the smile she held earlier never leaving her lips.

Shaking his heads sideways, something he does whenever he's amused about a situation, he held her eyes for a while scrutinizing her small petite figure; one of the several screening he does after meeting a person for the first time. He knew this was not the first time he met the figure that's standing not so firmly- somehow swaying sideways a little in his office. He had since pushed their first meet up to the back of his head but the girl is obviously taking a great significance about the whole issue.

Nonetheless, he chuckled lowly. "Well, you can keep fighting for as long as you can. I like how confident you are. A vibrant Nigerian Lawyer in the making. How about one star in your Internship Logbook?..."

Nadrah's eyes widen, her heart jumped up and down, reminiscing about the new development in hand. Him filling a whole star in her internship Logbook, guarantees her two third of her internship assessment. She couldn't be more happier. Her excitement was cut short though when she heard his voice chimed in to the reverie of her excitement.

"...It comes with a price." He lamented shrugging his shoulders at the same time, making Nadrah's eyes to widen more.

"Ofcourse, if you win the case with the arrogant reckless driver, it's a whole star for you. No, I will fill the two stars for you. It will be a 'done and dusted' for your IT" He concluded, the little chuckle that came out silently before, now turning to a smirk.

It's left for her to choose between her assessment and the grudge she felt the need to hold. He had nothing to miss in the whole case. It's her final year in school that's at stake.

Nadrah knew this would be a great mistake she would make if she perhaps, accept his offer. But the guy whosoever he thinks he is, was challenging her about the issue.

She accepts everything and mask the timid girl behind her confident face whenever she's challenged about anything.

This wasn't an exception.

She would try even if that would possibly have her to repeat her final year, she wasn't going to give in. Not anytime soon. She's in for the war, because he obviously chose it for himself.