Chapter 42- Louder than Words

Start from the beginning

But it was too late for that now.

"I'm asking this out of curiosity, but are you aware that polygamy is illegal in this country?" I cautiously asked as he grew silent for a moment.

"Yes, but Lina, my darling, I'm also aware of the thoughts going through your head right now," He smirked, leaning forward as he flicked my forehead, and I hissed, whacking him away as the glare on my face only darkened. Look at this jerk trying to act all lovey-dovey with me as if he didn't have a pregnant wife hiding somewhere here in the mansion.

"You don't think I have enough power and influence to change that law?" Never mind, I take everything I just said back. I guess he's not as stupid as I had hoped he was.

"Let me go, Donovan. I won't tell the police about this, and I'll quietly carry on living my life, but that's only if you let me go. Now," I moved to get off the bed as he watched me.

"No," Was all he said.

"Then, the next time I see you will be when you're behind bars," Opening the bedroom door, I stepped out, walking down the corridor and down the grand staircase as I heard his footsteps following me from close behind.

"If you love me as much as you're claiming to right now, why did you cheat in the first place?" I asked as we continued to walk through the mansion as I headed to the maid entrance, not a single worker in sight.

"Nevaeh has a way with words and actions. You know how much it meant for me to feel loved, since my mother passed away, and my father hates me, Nevaeh gave me that affirmation while it felt like you would pick your company over me,"

"That sounds like your problem, I don't understand why you had to drag me into it. It's not my job to make you feel unconcerned with your difficulties in life, you should have worked on that before you went on to woo me,"

"And I understand that, that's why I've fixed myself. And now that I'm better, can't you be with me again?" He is, without a doubt, pathetic.

"And Nevaeh and your child?" I massaged my temples as I spoke, I feel like I'm going to throw up, but I can't allow myself to stop walking, not when my kidnapper's right behind me.

"I don't consider that child mine, and Nevaeh can be thrown out to the streets for all I care," I almost tripped up listening to that.

"You're kidding me, right? Do you expect me to just run right back into your arms when you say such merciless things without a single stutter?... How can such a cruel person exist, I can't understand?" I asked, my voice trembling as I spoke.

I was scared to think that at some point in my life there was something in him that I loved, something in him that made me want to live the rest of my life with him. 

"You would understand if you saw Nevaeh to be the monster that she is," He spoke in a dead tone of voice as my heart shivered at the words.

"And the baby? What did your unborn child ever do?"

"Why do you care so much about that thing? It's not even alive yet,"

"Because it's a baby, Donovan!" I screamed, surprising him. "If you weren't ready to have a child then you should have been more careful! You got to pick who you wanted the mother of your child to be, and you chose her! But that child has no choice!"

I stormed forward, raising my hand as I went to slap him, but he was quick to grab my wrist, but I didn't stop. I raised my other hand, succeeding in slapping his other cheek, and he scoffed, slowly turning his head back to look at me as I pulled my hand out of his grip.

"You keep telling me, again and again, how you love me and hate her, but the fact remains that she is pregnant with your child. If you know what love is, then give that love to your child, I don't want it... Or are you truly incapable of feeling love for your own blood?" I spat.