251-257 (Qiao Jiuyin's Ending)

Chapter 251: The Hard Fang Yusheng

The second daughter of the Qiao family was going to hold an auction. The items auctioned were very special and were her personal collection.

She planned to auction all those items. All the money earned from the auction items would be donated to a charity to help the disabled, orphans, and elderly who had no one to rely on.

Many socialites and beautiful women received invitations.

This was a private auction hosted by Miss Qiao. The people who received the invitations were those on good terms with her. And since some of the items being auctioned were intimate, almost all the people invited were women.

Qiao Jiusheng and Fang Yuqing also received invitations.

Qiao Jiusheng had many things that could be auctioned. When she learned that Qiao Jiuyin was actually going to auction off the relics left behind by her parents, as well as the jade carvings that had never been seen before, she got furious.

On the third day after returning to Binjiang City, she took the invitation and returned to Junyang City accompanied by Fang Yusheng.

The auction was held at a private high-class club in Junyang City.

Qiao Jiusheng wore a purple-pink dress and chose a pair of white flats for the banquet. She took the invitation and prepared to leave.

Before she left, Fang Yusheng stopped her.

“I keep feeling that Qiao Jiuyin has an ulterior motive for holding this auction.” Fang Yusheng’s intuition was rarely wrong. He wanted to go with Qiao Jiusheng, but because the invitation letter had clearly stated that no men were allowed to go, Fang Yusheng was unable to accompany her.

How could Qiao Jiusheng not sense that something was amiss? Even though she knew that there was danger, she still had to go.

“I have to get some things back.” For example, the things her parents left her before they passed away, her jade carvings, and some other things.

Seeing that his wife was determined to get those things, Fang Yusheng asked, “Do you have enough money? Did you bring the card I gave you?”

“Yes, I brought it.”

“Tell me, what is it that you have to get?”

Fang Yusheng was rather curious about which items Qiao Jiusheng cherished.

Qiao Jiusheng gave a dazzling smile and said, “There are my jade carvings, my parents’ relics, and a watch.”

After a moment of silence, Fang Yusheng suddenly asked, “What watch?”

Qiao Jiusheng said, “A piece…” Her gaze shifted and landed on Fang Yusheng’s right wrist. She suddenly said, “It’s quite suitable for the watch you’re wearing.”

“Oh? A men’s watch?” Fang Yusheng’s gaze deepened.

“Yes,” Qiao Jiusheng said honestly. “I don’t know where it came from. Anyway, I’ve been keeping it for more than ten years. It seems to be quite important.” Qiao Jiusheng tapped her head with her index finger and continued, “My memory is bad, so I can’t remember certain things.”

Fang Yusheng said, “I like blue watches.”

Qiao Jiusheng thought of her watch and said, “What a coincidence! That watch happens to be blue.”

Coincidentally, because that watch is mine.

The corners of Fang Yusheng’s lips curled up. He shook his car keys and said to Qiao Jiusheng, “I’ll send you there.”