8-14

Chapter 8: Substitution (5)

Time could always soothe the pain in one’s heart. In the blink of an eye, another month passed.

With Fang Mu’s company and guidance, Second Miss Qiao gradually accepted the fact that her ‘elder sister’ had passed away. She slowly recovered from the grief of losing her family.

That evening, Fang Mu sent her a message.

[Get ready. We’re going out for dinner tonight.]

This surprised Qiao Jiuyin. Is this a date?

Seeing that it was already five o’clock, Qiao Jiuyin hurriedly went upstairs to her room and took a shower. After changing her clothes, she looked forward to the date.

Fang Mu parked the car in front of his house. Leaning against the front of the car, he smoked a cigarette and kicked the small stones on the ground. Then, the iron gate in the courtyard creaked. Fang Mu looked up and saw a beautiful orange scene.

In the past month or so, Qiao Jiuyin would always dress very plainly. Since he was seeing her properly dress up after a long time, Fang Mu’s eyes lit up.

Qiao Jiuyin had worn a white long-sleeved shirt paired with an orange maxi skirt. The weather was still a little cold, so she had put a light blue thin windbreaker on her shoulders. It was a simple outfit, but it seemed Qiao Jiuyin was wearing a luxury brand.

The Qiao sisters’ beauty was dazzling and eye-catching. Whenever they walked on the streets, both men and women would sneak a few glances at them.

Qiao Jiuyin was satisfied when she saw the infatuation that flashed past Fang Mu’s eyes.

It seemed that she had dressed correctly.

Unlike Qiao Jiusheng, who liked to wear bright clothes, Qiao Jiuyin preferred plain clothes. However, she always remembered that she was ‘Qiao Jiusheng’ now, so she naturally would not screw up on her clothes.

Fang Mu opened the car door for her, and Qiao Jiuyin sat in the passenger seat. Her lips curled into a faint smile. “Where are we going?”

Putting down the cigarette, Fang Mu drove the car out of the Fang residence.

“Just wandering around,” he said.

Qiao Jiuyin nodded and did not ask further.

She glanced at her seat, and her thoughts drifted away. She had sat in Fang Mu’s car before because of her sister. However, at that time, the passenger seat beside Fang Mu belonged to Xiao Sheng. As for Qiao Jiuyin, she would always sit in the back row. She could only try to reduce her presence and silently watch Fang Mu and Qiao Jiusheng flirt.

The car stopped at the fountain square in front of Binjiang University.

Qiao Jiuyin looked at the familiar square in front of her and cast her puzzled gaze at Fang Mu. “Brother Mu, here…”

“Remember?” he said. “This is where we first met.”

When Qiao Jiusheng went to university, she was 17 years old, and Fang Mu was already a fourth-year student. He had always been an influential figure in the university; he had even entered his company for an internship in the second semester of his third year. On the first day of the new term of the university, he was invited back to give a speech for the new students.

This was the first time Fang Mu had met Qiao Jiusheng. At that time, she had been beating someone up.

Qiao Jiusheng was a bold and arrogant girl. She had bumped into a scumbag who was cheating on his girlfriend. Moreover, this scumbag had knocked up his girlfriend but refused to acknowledge the child as his own. He even slandered her for being indecent. Qiao Jiusheng had witnessed the argument between the two of them, and she understood the scumbag nature of the man. Without thinking, she had jumped and kicked the scumbag’s face.