Chills ran up from her feet to her head.

A man was locked up in the basement, and this man was being tortured!

Qiao Jiuyin quietly left the room and the bungalow.

After about two hours, three to four men walked out of the bungalow. Qiao Jiuyin, who was hiding in the dark, jumped in shock when she saw their clothes.

Those people were actually homeless!

Their clothes were dirty and torn, and their hair was greasy and disheveled. When they walked, their bodies swayed from side to side as if they were drunk or high on drugs.

After the men left, Qiao Jiuyin jogged into her car and drove away.

***

Fang Mu returned home after midnight.

He gently pushed open the door and saw that Qiao Jiuyin was already asleep. His actions were even more light.

Worried that he would wake Qiao Jiuyin, Fang Mu did not shower. Instead, he took off his clothes and lay down beside her. Just as his body touched the bed, the woman beside him suddenly turned over. Qiao Jiuyin pulled away Fang Mu’s arm and entered his embrace.

“Brother Mu, what time is it?”

Fang Mu hugged her and replied, “Around thirty past twelve.”

“Why are you back so late?”

“A matter took my time and delayed me.”

Fang Mu placed his hand on her abdomen and asked with concern, “Are you still feeling unwell?”

Qiao Jiuyin shook her head. “Much better.”

“That’s good. Now go to sleep. I’ll hold you.”

“Yeah.”

The two of them hugged each other and slept. The next morning, when Qiao Jiuyin woke up, Fang Mu had already gone to work.

After having breakfast alone, Qiao Jiuyin changed into a pair of loose pants and wore a hat. She got ready to leave. When the servant asked her where she was going, she casually replied that she was going to see her university friends, then left.

Following the route in her memory, Qiao Jiuyin reached the bungalow. She stood at the entrance once again. Last night, it had been too dark, and Qiao Jiuyin had not paid any attention to this house. When she carefully observed it in the daytime, she realized that the walls of this house were filled with tigers. It was not difficult to tell that this was an old house.

She walked to the front door, glanced at the big lock on the door, and pulled a dozen keys out of her pocket.

Click—

Qiao Jiuyin tested the lock one by one and finally opened it.

Chapter 44: The Person in the Basement (Part Four)

After pushing the door open, Qiao Jiuyin entered the house and rushed straight to the second room on the first floor. As she stood beside the floor, she hesitated for a moment. In the end, she bent down and picked up the carpet.

A narrow staircase diagonally led the way underground.

Qiao Jiuyin took out a flashlight from her bag and walked ahead under the faint light.

At the end of the stairs was a long corridor in the basement. After walking down that corridor, Qiao Jiuyin finally reached the end.

The endpoint was a ten-square-meter imprisonment room.