11

"I'm giving him a second chance." I stated. Jenny choked on her chocolate milk.

"What?!" She nearly yelled. "How could you- why would you??" She sputtered out questions before I could answer any.

"Look, I can tell he has changed. I could feel the sincerity in his voice. I know I sound crazy, but I think Luke might actually help me get over...him." I smiled slightly.

"If he makes you happy, I guess I should be happy too." She smiled and engulfed me in on of her famous hugs.

"Thank you." I whispered as if someone would hear us.

× × × Austin's POV × × ×

"This is ridiculous." I muttered to myself as I stuffed all my clothes in my suitcase.

"Where are you going Austy-poo??" Sarah asked innocently. I looked up and saw her in one of my shirts and a small piece of clothing considered under wear.

I gagged at her nickname, "Austy-poo".

"Well, I think it's time for me to return to the apartment and make things right with Ashton." I replied. She gave me a sad face. "I couldn't just stay here forever."

"Why not?" She asked.

Why does she ask so many questions?

"I just can't." I shrugged and continued packing.

"Well..." She trailed off as she wrapped her arms around my neck. "Maybe, we can have some fun before you leave..."

Her hands trailed down my chest.

I gulped, quickly shrugging her off before we did anything stupid.

"Sorry, I can't." I got up off my knees and dragged my suitcase behind me.

Sarah had a dissatisfied look on her face. I left in my Range Rover, not giving Sarah a second thought.

× × × × ×

"Hey, mate." Ashton said, barely audible. I looked down at my feet, unsure of what to say.

"I-" Ashton cut me off by engulfing me in a bro type of hug.

I was taken aback. I really expected him to punch me or something.

"You're not mad?" I asked as I stood there awkwardly.

"Nah, I'm surprised you're not mad. After that little show that we pulled-" He stopped himself.

"Ha! Yeah, I wouldn't be able to stay mad at you forever. I guess...I just needed some time to think stuff out." I awkwardly rubbed the back of my neck.

He patted my back as I entered the apartment with my suitcase trailing behind me.

"Just glad you are back."

× × × × ×

This seemed almost too easy. I knew Ashton was a nice guy and all, but I also knew he could hold a grudge.

I expected to come back and have to fight for my right of this apartment. Or at least confront someone.

But I was welcomed with open arms and fresh Pizza on the table.

This all seemed planned. Maybe it was?

Maybe they planned everything that happened at the restaurant.

Or maybe I'm just going crazy.

I'm crazy because I need her. I need Becky.

I just want to hold her in my arms and never let her go.