06

That night it wasn't too cold, so I just left in some jeans and a sweatshirt.

I also brought along some stuff in a duffle bag, including the tests and some pajamas.

When I reached Sarah's house, her bedroom lights were off, but that didn't stop me.

I knew how to get to her window, but I would have to leave my bag on the ground.

Slowly but surely I reached the window. When I peeked inside it was empty. Her bed was empty, which was weird.

I climbed down and kept heading up the street.

That's weird, why wasn't Sarah home yet?

Thoughts were racing through my head, giving me a major headache. The nausea kept coming back, making me stop a few times. I seriously felt like I was gonna pass out and die on the sidewalk.

After what seemed like hours of walking through the streets of San Francisco, I finally reached his house.

What if he doesn't want this baby, that is-if I'm pregnant.

What if I am pregnant?

What will everybody think of me?

Am I going to end up on MTV? Or MTV2?

That would actually be pretty cool...

No it wouldn't!

I really need to let it all out. But I have to make sure that I actually am pregnant. It would be really embarrassing to just confront Austin and then it turns out it was just some bad sushi.

After I buzzed in the apartment doors opened, letting me into the warm apartment air (if that even makes sense).

Walking up to the elevator, I started thinking about what I would say to him. But I ran out of time as I stood in front of his door.

Now or never...

"Hey, Becky." Ashton greeted, his voice a little deeper and raspier than before. His hair was messy, and his eyes were barely open.

"I'm sorry, did I wake you up? I-I'll just go-" He cut me off by pulling me inside. I was surprised by his sudden actions.

"Sorry, it's colder outside." He apologized. I hadn't realized that he was shirtless.

Damn, I can tell he works out.

I swallowed hard, trying to keep my eyes off him.

"So, explain to me why you decided to buzz in at 11 o'clock at night." Ashton took a seat on the couch, patting the place next to him.

"Well..." I trailed off, taking a seat next to him-and still trying to keep myself from staring at him.

"I-kind of came here to talk to Austin about something." I mumbled, daring myself to keep my eyes off him. My bag sat in lap, so I just stared at that.

"He's not here." He stated. My head shot towards him.

I immediately regretted it.

His controlling green eyes, his amazing biceps, even his cute little dimples - throw me off the edge.

"W-what do you mean." I stuttered, my eyes flicking to his full lips. He inched closer to me.

"He left, he didn't say where. Might not be back until tomorrow." He said, barely audible. I just nodded, not taking my gaze off of him.

"Say, why don't I get you something to drink. Water?" He stood up, just making it even harder for me to control my emotions.

I just nodded, forcing myself to look away.