09

It's been five days and I feel like shit.

I don't even remember why I'm writing this. Why would people care how I feel?

I'm just a 18 year old pregnant senior who probably won't graduate if I don't work up the nerve to go back to school.

But I know in my heart why I won't get up and change to go to school. Because then I will have to face life. The reality of how badly I fucked up.

I really wish this was a nice story with a nicer ending...but that only happens in fairy tales or in fictional stories written by optimistic dysfunctional people.

My razor was on the edge of the bathtub, covered in my crimson blood. The water was a deep red, and it was getting darker. My naked skin soaked in it.

I didn't care if anyone walked in on me right now, it's not like anyone cared for a pathetic girl like me.

"Becky." I heard a faint voice call out. It sounded very familiar, but I just couldn't quite put my finger on it.

Stop it Becky. You're just imagining things.

I shook my head and closed my eyes again.

"Becky? Are you in here?" The voice was now by my bedroom door. Good thing I locked the bathroom door.

"Who is it?" I asked, still letting the blood ooze out.

"It's me, Jenny."

× × × Austin's POV × × ×

Who knew love could hurt so bad. Now I'm starting to think if it was ever love. It all just seemed like a game to her. But I know in my heart that Becky isn't that type of person.

"Thanks for letting me stay over." I thanked Sarah as I threw my bag on her carpeted floor.

"No problem. I just hope you guys can work things out." She gave me a sympathetic smile and fixed the pillows on the couch.

"Yeah, well...I don't think that's going to be happening anytime soon." I say.

"I'm sure you guys will be fine." She says, I sigh.

"How can you be so sure?" I ask with my eyebrows furrowed.

"I know you're the type of guy to make things right with any girl. No matter how much she hurt you." She says sincerely.

She walks towards me and hugs me. I tense up immediately until I feel a warm sensation run down my cheek.

Am I seriously crying over her? Does she mean that much to me?

I snake my arms around Sarah and cry into her shoulder.

"It's going to be okay. It's going to be okay." She chants like a chorus of a soothing song.

"I-I'm sorry...this is embarrassing." I wiped away some fresh tears away and gave her a weak smile. Her cold hand rose to my cheek.

"It's alright, Austin. I'm here for you." She soothes, "Do you want to do something?" She asks. She doesn't give me enough time to answer.

"Let's go." She says happily as she grasps my hand and she leads us to the door.

"I don't know Sarah. I kind of want to stay inside and cry myself to sleep." I whine.

"Quit being such a downer, Austin. We are going out, and we're going to have a good time." She says strictly, I gulp at the tone of her voice.

× × × Becky's POV × × ×

"I understand-"

"No you don't." I say shortly, "You don't understand feeling like complete shit, because of a terrible thing you've done. I hurt him, Jen. I hurt him." I explain with tears still threatening my eyes.