10: A remarkable baby

A/N:

Hello! I'm so excited for this chapter, it's one of my favorites thus far! ❤️🥹

Make sure to vote and leave comments if you enjoy this chapter, it helps encourage me to keep writing!
~~~

Chad freezes mid stride. "Oh shit."

"Oh my god," I say in quiet, utter disbelief, slapping a hand over my gaping mouth.

I pick my jaw off the floor. I gaze off into the distance. I deeply sigh, shut my orb-lids, and realign my chakras.

The sudden amazing sense in fashion, the random act of kindness... so obvious. I flutter my orbs open. This is one of those moments where being a genius is more blessing than curse.

I sigh. "You're not Chad. I knew it all along."

Brett grabs Impostor Chad's shirt in a fist, lifting him slightly off the ground. "State your identity."

Impostor Chad waves his hands in front of his face in defeat. "Okay, okay, I yield!" The impostor then after a poof transforms into a scrawny little boy with pale splotchy cheeks as red as his shaggy hair, "I-I'm Todd."

I squint at the boy with the scratchy, lisping, prepubescent voice and bracketed teeth, searching my mind's database of Todds. "Todd? I don't know a Todd with acne."

Brett half scowls, brows tightly knitted together, his threatening orbs boring into Todd's watering ones. "Now who the hell is Todd?"

"Bre-Brenda's kid!" Imposter Chad named Todd who is possibly Brenda's child chokes.

I feel so very lightheaded. With my genius level intellect and perception that I demonstrated mere moments ago, this should make sense. But it doesn't. This makes no sense at all.

"How..." I catch myself and lean against the wall, flabbergasted, "how is this possible?"

Brett clicks his tongue and snickers. "Brenda's child would be just a baby, yet you're clearly a fourth grader punk." He nearly touches foreheads with Todd, tightening the fist around his shirt. "So nice try, buddy."

Todd glares. "I'm in middle school, jerk. And it's true, I swear!" He gestures to himself. "I'm half shapeshifter, half vampire. Due to my vampire dna, I've aged faster."

My brain melts. "What?"

Brett's knuckles return back to their normal shade as he slightly loosens his grip on Todd. "Never mind that, why did you take the form of my best bro?"

Todd groans, his head falls back. "Ughhh because, man, I heard what was happening up here and was worried about my Mom. I needed to slip into this school unnoticed."

Brenda coughs.

Brenda coughs?!

"Todd... my wee babe."

"Mom?!" Todd breaks free from Brett's hold and runs to the source of the weak but still richly irish voice. He slides underneath a table to retrieve his Mother, and once back to his feet again, his orbs are wide with horror as he stares blankly at the garlic in his grasp. "What... happened to my mom?"

I nervously twirl a piece of hair. "Um... she-"

Brett's wraps his bulky arm around Todd, nestling him there like a bird's hatchling. "She saved my life, boy. I am indebted to your mother. And it seems now it's true that you're her son, so I shall extend my protection to you as well."

Todd deadpans. "I don't even know you, man."

"I am the Alpha God King Beast, but friends call me Brett."

"Alpha God King Beast? Is that a username?"

Brett pales, his legs wobble. "What?"

Todd clasps his hands together, "Woah— wait, are you a famous Tiktoker? Youtuber? Podcaster?

I raise my hand "I am!"

Brett folds his arms and shakes his head, wildly tapping his foot. "No— no surely your mother would have mentioned me. I am the leading male of this school."

Todd scratches his butt and let's out a yawn. "Nah man. Never heard of ya." He returns his focus back to his Mom, then lifts his gaze up to me. "Godmom, how did this happen?"

I blink three times. "... Godmom?"

"Duh, your Mom's bestfriend. She never told you she made you my Godparent?"

Brett grips Todd's shoulder, "I'm gonna be level with you little man. We didn't know you existed until today."

Todd scoffs, "Mom, really?" He rolls his orbs, then shifts them from me to Brett. "Hey, where's my Dad?"

Brett strokes his non existent beard and stares down at his feet. I pretend I didn't hear and whistle a tune to myself whilst counting the dead bodies in the room.

As Todd's hope filled orbs begin to absorb the situation, they turn empty. He sighs, then paces back and forth a couple times, until his soft frown and hanging brows both become tightly pinched. The stomp of his foot into the ground activates his light up shoe, he waves a fist into the air. "Hey, show yourself, asshole!"

His turns red, he swallows harshly. "Why weren't you there for my first Fortnite win?!" Tears and snot fall, "Why weren't you there for my second fortnite win?!" He raises his other fist, obliviously shaking Brenda in the air. "Why weren't you there for my third Fortnite win?!" He sniffles, collapsing to his knees, staring up at the ceiling. "Why didn't you protect Mom?"

~~~
A/N: What do we think about our new character, Todd?