6: Smilin on a downfall

Yeah.

I hate Chad Jefferson.

Chad McDracula—

Junior.

Whatever the hell you wanna call him.

Not even for the fact that he's an immortal mortal enemy of my kind, though that's compelling enough. It's literally everything else about him. It's the shit he says, the infuriating little deeds he does.

But most of all, it's the way he pathetically clings to what isn't his.

I even feel just a little sorry for Brenda, that she has this loser as a baby daddy.

Yet It's moments like these where I thank god that my mate is kind, strong, and thoughtful, Brett.

Yes. God is real, babes, and I am living proof.

Painful grunts, a sweeping chill. Flurries of bats spin in dizzy circles above the heads of our School's invaders.

The vampires that me and my mate had absolutely bodied were now rising slowly like zombies from the bloodied, germ infested cafeteria floor.

Brett breaks away from that sorry bastard Chad and joins my side, back to back, ready to face off whatever comes our way— no... my way.

Oh God.

My knees threaten to buckle beneath me. Was I truly about witness my precious Alpha God Beast King kill these monsters in his scantily clothed human form?

Like I said.

God's got me.

"Aye, guys," Brenda points her lolli, "is that Skylar over there?"

And there she stands, the famous Skylar Popson, sloppily tongue battling with a vampire in the cafeteria kitchen, flinging saliva— defiling our poor lunches.

Brett hones in, his orbs engulfed in red. "She's been seduced by that beast."

Wait.

What's happening right now? Is he... actually... concerned about that wench? I send him a glare he doesn't seem to notice.

No, Lydia get ahold of yourself.

Yes, I might not be the most beautiful, but I'm a kind, confident, gentle upstanding woman. I'm a style icon. I have pride, I have dignity. I've already broken down in front of my mate once today and almost lost him forever.

I cannot show weakness again, especially over an unfashionable degenerate like Skylar.

So, right now, I'll have to put on an Oscar worthy performance, one that would even put dear DiCaprio to shame.

Sigh.

Here I go.

I place a sympathetic hand on Brett's shoulder and solemnly lower my head. "Oh no, that is so unfortunate. Oh please God help her."

"Eh," Brenda shrugs, then casually slings her lollipop at a recovering vampire's forehead, causing him to fall back down.

"Ladies, stay back, I'm going to teach this guy a lesson." Brett shakes my hand off his wide shoulder and begins his stride towards Skylar's suitor.

So.

It's true then.

God's abandoned me.

I instinctively reach out to stop him, but it's too late, he's already torn through three vamps to get to her— to Skylar.

Skylar Popson.

On this day,

I swear.

I will kill you.

Brett's close now, only a mere foot away from her.

But, he's a mere foot too late.

The vampire sucking face with Skylar detaches himself and moves to the crook of her neck, sinking his teeth into her supple flesh.

She lets out a rattling scream.

The vampire flees the scene.

Her drained, limp body collapses to the ground. Glazed orbs wide open, forever frozen with fear. Only thing still pumping in her body is the blood that spurts from her two little wounds.

Welp, It looks like someone already beat me to it.

~~~
A/N:
folks, how do we feel about Brett right now ??