5: The bite of betrayal

A/N:

Make sure to vote and leave a comment if you enjoy this chapter!It really helps support this story ❤️

~~~

"Chad? Bro?" Brett asks again in disbelief, as he switches back into his human form. Tresses of hair lightly coated in sweat splay neatly across his forehead. The rhythmic rise and fall of his glistening washboard chest enchant me with every shallow breath.

Distressed trousers cling dangerously low at his hips, and I swear these are completely different trousers than he had on before. My orbs follow down the path of his happy trail all the way to his well-defined 'V'. I bite back a moan.

Oh yeah— I got off track.

Chad's a vampire?!

"Yes, it is I..." Chad bares blood soaked fangs, "the feared Chad McDracula Jr."

Betrayal. Gasps. Shrieks of horror.

Our ordinary high-school has secretly been a Haven to a filthy monster this whole time. Innocent, stupid, hot, jock Chad Jefferson, a character whom I once thought was entirely one-dimensional.

Those signature aloof crystal blues of his when replaced with two inky pools of darkness send shivers down my spine.

"Honestly... this isn't a bad thing," Brenda comes forward, unashamedly.

Double betrayal.

Infuriated, I hastily switch back to my fully clothed human form. "Brenda, how could you say that? Don't you know of the war between vampires and werewolves?"

The deep rivalry and war I lost great grandpa to, the hundred years of bloodshed. Though recently there has been some peace between our kind due to the introduction of the breeding program, where each year a clan gives away one of their top maidens, respectively. With more hybrids being born it has begun to close the gap between our species.

But I still hate them.

Brenda struts towards Chad and then does the unthinkable by placing a hand on his cheek. "Vampire or not, I could never hate Chad. Because Chad..." she stares deeply into his orbs,"is the father of my baby."

Me and Brett look at each other, our orbs big as saucers, jaws to the floor.

Chad swats away her caressing hand. "What? We've never done the deed before."

"Well, Chad... I wasn't always the Brenda you see now." Brenda pulls a lollipop out from her pocket and shoves it inside her cheek. "I'm a shapeshifter- you see. Andat last year's Halloween party, I shifted my appearance into a sexy demon girl of my own imagination."

Chad backs away, horrified, dragging his palms down the sides of his face. "No... ain't no way, bro."

"Dude... you never told me you lost your virginity last Halloween," Brett says, with more betrayal in his tone than when Chad revealed his true nature.

Chad's black orbs well with tears as he faces Brett. "I'm... I'm not ready to be a dad, man. I haven't even fed off my first human yet."

I squint my eyes and scoff. "Your teeth are literally covered in blood."

"Oh, this," He hisses and swipes his tongue across his fangs, "Is just food coloring."

I stomp forward, challenging him. "So you didn't kill our classmates?"

"The others are doing the killing, I'm just sitting this one out." He groans, then whines, "I'm just chillin, I swear."

Brenda pops the loli out of her mouth. "Why you sittin this one out, Hun? I thought feedin sprees were a big deal for vamps?"

"Cuz... cuz." Chad's orbs change back to their normal twinkling grey as his throat bobbles. His tears begin to fall, he drops to his knees. "I... I care about you bros!"

Brett shoves Brenda aside and crouches down beside Chad and tightly embraces him, gently rocking him back and forth with each of his wailing sobs. He gently kisses the top of his best buddy's beach blonde head.

My orbs swirl red, that should be me he's kissing. My soul is bound to those plump, delicate and soft rosy lips. I hold back the urge to pounce on Chad, then turn to Brenda.

"Brenda, I didn't even know you were pregnant for all that time."

She giggles. "Of course you didn't know, silly. I was shapeshiftin away the changes of pregnancy."

"Ah," I purse my lips, "I see."

Wait a minute...

I cross my arms and raise a brow. "Chad Jeff- I mean, McDracula... moments ago, you expertly pinned dear Brenda here against a wall," I poke said wall. "You even leaned in like you were going to bite her neck, yet claim you've never drank human blood." I victorious smile pulls at my lips, "Care to explain?"

"Oh that?" He muffles into Brett's chest then turns his head to me, a string of snot swaying out his nostril. "That was just role-play, bro."