Chapter 4

"Chutki this is not fair yaar. You ate all the ice cream. That's not fair. Now what will I eat."

"Chutki come out of your hiding spot now. I am not going to leave you this time."

Nivedita is looking for her younger sister who has stolen her share of ice cream too. And this is the thousandth time Chutki has done something like this.

Here Nivedita's little bundle of joy was hiding behind curtains. She loves to steal her Jija's share of ice cream. She loves to tease her.

Listening to Nivedita's warnings, a small giggle left from her mouth. She hastily cover her mouth to stop her laughing.

But Nivedita heard her laughter. Following the noise she turned in that direction and saw two little feets below the curtains.

Smirking at her thoughts she said "Hmm. I think Chutki must be upstairs. I should go and find her there." Saying this Nivedita left the room.

Hearing her words, Siya took a breath of relief but suddenly the curtains moved. Siya got startled by this.

But when her sister's face appeard in front of her she got surprised.

"Gotcha."

Saying this Nivedita attacked her Chutki with ticklings.

Siya burst into laughter as soon as her Jija started tickling her.

After some time they lay down to catch their breath.

"Chutki I swear if you one more time steal my ice cream, I gonna leave you in this house." Nivedita told her sister after gaining some deep breaths.

Listening to her words, Siya's breath got stuck in her throat. Her parents funeral came in her mind. She could not think about anything but them. She was just 5 years old when her parents got into an accident losing their lives. It all happened on her birthday. Both sisters were waiting for their parents to bring the cake from work when they got a phone call about their parents death. After that Nivedita wass like her mother, father, sister, brother. She was everything in her life. Siya cannot imagine her life without her.

When Siya didn't said any words in retort, Nivedita glanced at way.

But her eyes got widened seeing her tear stained pale face.

She hurriedly took Siya in her embrace and said "Breath Chutki. Breath. I am here. I am not leaving you anytime. Breath."

Listening to her words, Siya came out of her daze and took deep breaths.

"I am sorry Chutki. I shouldn't have said that. I am sorry my world. Apni Jija ko maaf kar de please."

(Forget your Jija please.)

Siya tightened her hold on Nivedita and said "Please Jija. Don't ever leave me. I can't live without you. I will die if you leave me. You are only person in this world to me." Siya poured her heart sobbing into Nivedita embrace.

"Shhh. Don't worry I will never leave you."
.
.
.
.
Suddenly everything went black and Siya found herself standing in darkness all grown up. She cannot see anything. Their is darkness everywhere.

"Siya. Siya save me."

At her didi's voice, Siya got stiffened and shouted "Di where are you. Di."

"Siya help me please. These monsters will kill me. Please save me."

Siya got alerted at her words and started running in the voice direction.