Chapter-24

The clattering sounds coming from outside weren't enough to wake those two sleeping birds up. Outside grew more lighting as the sun was already been resting in the middle of the sky. Dry and hot dust roamed around the dehydrated muddy roads along with people's voices.

"jungkook wake up. Your honeymoon night is over" Min sang from outside as small laughter could be heard alongside. "I think they are still asleep" a girl in her late 16 spoke up while clutching a bowl full of food.

Soon enough the door of the small hut flew open by an annoying jungkook still grumbling in his half-asleep state. Min grinned as the two humans didn't wait to burst into the house without any invitation, leaving the sleeping bunny more annoyed.

"wow it's almost noon and neither you nor your fiance has been up yet" the girl announced earning a positive nod from Min.

"We are up! What brought you here Hyung? And who is she?" jungkook asked as he softly closed the door

"ah! This is lay, she's like my daughter. Her parents were taken away in that massacre you know"

Jungkook's sleepy mind finally got active at the sudden reminder of that past incident. "oh good for her I guess"

"u-um"

The three of them snarled their heads towards the sound and found a not-so-comfortable taehyung walking towards them, more like he was limping. His palm was softly holding his hip and his cheeks flushed red.

Min and lay smirked at taehyung's condition before playfully looking back at Jungkook "Seems like you worked hard last night brother"

Immediately jungkook panicked along with taehyung blushing so hard "that's n-not i-it! I just hurt my toe on the cabinet" Taehyung hurriedly piped up but min and lay were far away from considering that. "don't be shy, we understand" the girl winked before hurriedly handing over the bucket full of foods before taking her to leave, with min following her behind.

An awkward silence was happily roaming around the entrance, jungkook staring at taehyung. And taehyung looked down shyly. To cut off the sharp stillness, the former prince chuckled nervously and walked toward Jungkook "haha what they brought for us o-oh rice cakes! I was hungry"

"Then eat. We have to go farming and saw some grains. How long we will get food from others? You have to learn it quickly. We don't have that much money left. I didn't steal any wealth from your kingdom either shit! I hope I did" Jungkook mumbled strictly and walked inside his room or god knows where. Taehyung left a deep sign. In this early morning, he didn't want to ruin his own mood. Besides his tummy was growling for food.

"let's eat" he chirped in joy before sitting on the floor. He put the box on top of an oval-looking short table and commenced to eat those simple yet delicious rice cakes. He also saved some of them because his so-called fiance haven't eaten breakfast yet.

"what's this?" Taehyung mumbled while picking a small black pouch from the box. When he opened it he found one round earring along with a small note. It was from Minseok

"I was a small jeweler back before That Hena kingdom destroyed our village. The ring you are seeing is made by me and Jungkook's mother was the one hailing it. She saved the last penny to buy this in the name of Jungkook's Future Wife. It was her wish to present it at jungkook's wedding. My shop was burnt down yet when I inspected it, miraculously I found this pair of earrings totally in fine situation. Maybe it was a direct blessing for you both from jungkook's late mother"

Taehyung's heart fluttered at the note but soon he frowned his eyes. The note said the earring is in pair but he's seeing only one. After thinking deeply he saw how the earnings were attached like magnets. He was already aware of what magnet stood for and for sure he gave a mental salute to Minseok for his intelligence.