Chapter-19

Jungkook gulped bitterly at the confused expression lingering on taehyung's brushed face. The prince parted his lips but instantly closed up after watching the terrified expression on jungkook's face. What was happening? Why jungkook was imploring such a question in the first place? Nothing was working upon tae's exhausted psyche

"Love, what is going on? Are y-you hiding something from me?" Taehyung innocently asked earning a growl from his lover. "T-Taehyung i-" jungkook's words were cut off by rumbling sounds of boots walking towards their cells. The prince and the ex-concubine snapped toward the guards in confusion

"We were ordered to take you with us, your highness" after saying that one of the guards opened the prison cell and grabbed taehyung's wrist to take him away. Jungkook couldn't stay shut. He was in a panic. Where they were taking taehyung? What they will do to him?

"LEAVE HIM ALONE!! Don't TOUCH HIM!" He darkly howled at the guards who just turned around and frowned their eyes at the disrespect but soon kicked on jungkook's fingers that were tightly clenched around the metal bars. The male hissed in pain and backed away while the guards got a harsh slap from the weak prince

"HOW DARE YOU?!" Taehyung screamed with all he got and merged towards the scared soldier but not to anyone's shock, he fell to the ground because of the deep injuries on his thighs.

"A-are you ok my moon!? Hey, where are you taking him? Stop it!" Jungkook desperately wailed at the wardens but they just rolled their eyes, got a hold of the half-conscious prince then walked out from there, leaving jungkook screaming in resentment and hardly shaking the bars of the prison to break out.

The area fell into deep silence. Only jungkook's cries and screams could be heard. He was so scared for taehyung that he forgot about the key that he received a few minutes ago from that slave. He had to think something quickly, he has to get out of this mess as soon as possible. First, it was His safety that stood to be important but the situation had changed with the apparent truth of taehyung not being the real culprit.

"Jungkook"

Suddenly a whisper broke jungkook out from his anxious thoughts as he looked outside his cell, only to find yoongi standing there. They kept on staring at each other for some time before jungkook smirked a little "good job! You have successfully poisoned the king. Are you here t-"

"I-I haven't done anything yet. Somebody else had tarnished the king" yoongi uttered in pure frustration earning a dark chuckle from jungkook "tsk! I guess we were not the only ones having grudge against the emperor"

"Can I have my flute back? I know that I couldn't perform the task so you are not going to assure both and my gang's safety and th- wow" yoongi exclaimed in shock when jungkook so smoothly opened the prison gate and walked out in front of him with his as a usual silly smirk "i'm locked up that doesn't mean I can do nothing. Hear me out, I can still ensure your safety if you successfully finish this last task"

"I'm not going to kill anybody jungkook"

"Don't worry you won't. Here take this" the male pulled out a steel ring from his finger which had Abuza kingdom's flag carved on it as he gave it to yoongi. The shorter man looked at the ring while raising his eyebrow.

"Just go to the outpost near the sea. You will discern a big boat waiting there. Just give this ring to a guy name Park jimin. Tell him that Jungkook will arrive tomorrow after dusk so they need to wait for some more time. And also ask them to take you and your gang outside this kingdom because I said so. Jimin will understand"

"Hold on! Brother, what is going on really? And how can I trust you?"

"You have no other choice but to do it for the safety and flute" jungkook hurriedly said before binding a dirty cloth around his forehead because the wounds were really started to bleed by now. Before yoongi could react or ask any further, the taller make was already out of there, running outside towards the main castle.