Chapter-17

Screams and cheers lived around the big open space at the very back of the castle. Some peasants encircled around their specific loitering place with eyes widening in full of enthusiasm. High-status people and the monarchs under the king were also presented at the scene, watching as Two of the skilled princes stood face to face, ready for their destinated battle.

Taehyung's heart stood to beat faster than it had ever been. It wasn't like he got scared but he couldn't really ignore the fact that in front of him was subsisting one of the best soldiers in this whole Northeast. Seokjin was a big deal for sure. He made long eye contact with his big brother who just grimaced darkly at him. Seokjin's threatening gaze was more of a mockery to taehyung. The younger prince rolled his eyes before bringing his face aside to stare at His lover who of course smiled waved at him.

Taehyung smiled heartily

Taehyung smiled heartily. With the thought of his man watching his, every move was much more thrilling than anything. And with that, his nervousness gripped his heart causing sudden anxiety to build up within his courage.

Anyhow the battle had begun with the king arriving along with the queen. It was confusing for why Taehyung's mother was there but it was certain that Seokjin invited her. That made taehyung growl under his breath, hands skilfully gripping his sword while eyes locking towards his brother.

"Can't wait to show your beheaded body to your mother" Seokjin murmured as both of the brothers finally moved for an attack with deep growls roaring out from their dry throats

********

Jungkook's pov

I gritted my teeth at the sharp sounds of swords coming from the arena. Taehyung and Seokjin both were doing well with whatever technics they were following up with. I didn't really care about who will win or who will be dying today but it would be better if Kim taehyung wins. Without him alive my upcoming vengeance won't be much fun. I closed my eyes hearing my heart pounding with every ear-piercing sound of the running swords. So fucking painful that my head swiveled brutally

What was the feeling? Fear? Fear of what?

Of losing Kim taehyung

I ignored the name that was kept on chanting in my head as My numb body couldn't move out of the place. I needed to go and speak with park jimin at that moment because everyone stood busy watching the battle. But my stubborn core was stuck at the castle's terrace, eyes only staring down at Kim taehyung with full focus.