"Clear the path! Everybody out of the way!" Hyde shouts as he walks through the emergency room.
He steps out of the way as people move and a bed with a young man on it rushed past.

An EMT if performing CPR as the bed is quickly moved through the hall and to an emergency room.

The woman at the receptionist's desk gasps and covers her mouth as her eyes water. Harper opens her mouth to ask but the woman says it for her.

"That's my son." She cries. "That's my-. Where are they taking him?" She breaks down and begins to cry hysterically. She walks in the direction of his room and she's stopped by another nurse.

"Ma'am, you can't go in there."

"That's my son!"

"Yes, I understand that but given the circumstances and the severity of the situation, you cannot go into the room with him right now."

"What's going on? What's going to happen? I don't understand."

Harper's heart breaks for the woman as the confusion is etched out onto her face. All of this must be a lot for her. All that she wants to do is check on her son but she can't do that. She wants to make sure that he is alive and well but she can't do that.

She's just watched him be rushed past while being given CPR. That isn't settling for anyone's mind, let alone a parent's.

"Miss... Ma'am." Harper calls to her twice when she isn't responded to the first time.

The woman turns back and looks at her.

"I can get you checked in and have you sit in the waiting room for him. The doctors do need their time with him and they'll do everything that they need to but we do need to get you out into the waiting room."

The woman is hesitant at first but looks around and sees the urgency of everyone involved. She isn't the only loved one wanting to see someone. Her son is not the only person that needs life saving emergency services.

"Kathryn. My name is Kathryn Glasgow." She says softly.

Harper nods as the woman walks back over to the desk. There's a look in the woman's eye that Harper knows all too well.

"Okay, Mrs. Glasgow. My name's Harper."

"Miss." The woman corrects.

It takes just a second for Harper to realize what she means. It was casual, normal speech to her. But for Miss Glasgow, it's much more than that.

"It's just us." The woman pulls her thin jacket tighter around her body as she stares at the top of the desk.

Harper looks in the direction that Zachary was taken and her heart begins to sink in her chest. She can't imagine what it would feel like to lose her son. Her only son, her only child at that.

And then to have to face it alone.... to have to endure it alone.

Miss Glasgow hasn't lost her child and hopefully she won't. But even still, going through this event alone can't be easy.

Harper knows that it wouldn't be easy for her if the roles were reversed.

With that in mind, Harper takes the woman's ID and prints out a bracelet identifying her for her son. She's seated out in the waiting room and periodically, when she has the time, Harper goes out to check on her.

She purchases water bottles from the vending machine for her and gets her granola bars as well to snack on while she waits.

Hours later, when Miss Glasgow is cleared to go in and see her son, she thanks Harper profusely for being so kind to her. With tears in her eyes, she hugs the receptionist as an expression of her gratitude.