Chapter 9

"So, T. What are you wearing tonight for your date with Harry?" Bree asks in a wannabe seductive voice, but her voice is too high and innocent for that.

I shrug.

"Nothing much.. Probably like jeans or something." I tell her.

"No! Harry said he's taking you to a fancy dinner place. I packed a silk dress just in case..."

I groan. "I don't care."

She giggles. "I do. They'll throw you out if you wear jeans."

I sigh, agreeing to wear something nice for once. I'm usually all for being comfortable though.

10 minutes later, I step out of Bree's room in a black knee length dress with five inch black lord and Taylor shoes. When I attempt to walk down the stairs,  Louis looks up from his MacBook Pro and claps and whistles. Bree laughs but I roll my eyes. 

We walk down to the lobby of the building and outside where Harry is waiting in a black Escalade. What is it with celebrities and escalades?

"Well, look at you." He cheekily eyes me up and down after I say my goodbye to Bree. 

I slip in to the seat next to him, rolling  my eyes. No guards tonight?

"Stop it," I joke. "You need a guard." I look around the large, empty car.

"You look pretty," he eyes me again, ignoring my last comment.

"What happens if someone kills us?" The thoughts harass my mind but he just laughs at my paranoia.

"Tonight, we'll wing it." He responds and I hope he knows what he's doing.

"So...where are we going?" I ask after a moment of silence.

He looks at me and grins, "It's a surprise." He says cheekily with his eyes closed.

I cover my eyes, "Jesus christ! Harry, keep your eyes on the road!" I say as we swerve.

His eyes shoot open, "I'm sorry."

"It's- it's fine. Just that, my father... That's how he died. He looked down at his phone for one second... A tourist bus took him down. My mom lived in depression for several years, and I spent a lot of time with my Gram." I almost give him my life story.

"I'm sorry." He repeats, unable to say anything more.

I look at him, and his face is full of regret. I feel bad that he feels bad. A feeling I get often.

"It's fine." I reassure him with a smile.

Soon, we arrive in more of the "City District" as Harry calls it.  Apparently his flat is in the "Residential District". We take a left turn, a right, and then go straight for a while until I see a lot of restaurants.  One called Pizza Palace, another called Fish and Chipsalooza and many more. Finally we stop near a restaurant called Papa Devechio's. Must be this one! We get out of the car and pay the meter.

"Come, let's run in before the paparazzi see us." Harry whispers loud enough for me to hear. I nod and we run out into the restaurant. I gasp when we walk in. This is a fancy restaurant, and I even spot a few minor celebrities. Harry sees my expression and smiles. We walk over to the hostess and ask for a table in the back. She only really smiles at Harry, and says to him

"Of course, sir, follow me," even though I was the one who asked. But luckily Harry either is oblivious to her failing attempts at flirting or he is just ignoring her.

When we sit down at the table, the hostess smiles at Harry and says "My friend, the waitress will be here in a moment!"

"Okay." I smile, purposely responding before Harry can. She frowns at me and walks away. 

Harry stifles his laugh and almost chokes.

"What?" I laugh along with him.

"You're crazy," he shakes his head, noting my discomfort with the hostess.

"I know." I shoot him a quick smirk.

Suddenly, a waitress with long straight black hair bursts through the kitchen doors. She's wearing high-heeled black booties and she's wearing way too much red lipstick. She saunters over to our table and by the look in her eye, I know the hostess had been talking about Harry.

"Hi. I'm Natalia. I'll be your server tonight," she says, all the while staring at Harry and pushing her chest out very slightly.

Harry doesn't notice and stares at me while asking, "Tess, what would you like to eat?"

I look down at the menu, "Um, I'll take the Greek Salad, please." I look up at her and shake makes a gesture that I can't describe, but I can tell its not friendly.

"And you, Mr. Styles?"

I knew she recognized him.

"I will have the same as The lady," He says and smiles at me, then looks up to Natalia.

She looks so annoyed and jealous that's it's actually entertaining.

"Okay, and what to drink?" She asks, boring herself on purpose.

"Just water, thanks." I tell her and Harry puts up two fingers, gesturing that he wants one too.

"Okay," she nods and then smiles the most fake smile I've ever seen.

When she walks away, both Harry and I crack up.

"She wasn't jealous." I say sarcasticlly as I look back at the waitress.

"Ignore it." Harry chuckles but just then, a huge mob of fangirls appear at the restaurant window with paparazzi piled up behind them.

"Shit, follow me." Harry grabs my hand leads me to the back door of the gorgeous restaurant.

We run from the restaurant to the park quickly but no one seems to follow us. I guess it's security showed up in curiosity of the other famous people.

It's cold and dark. We keep running until we're out of sight . I shiver and rub my arms. Summer nights are surely different in England.

"You cold?" Harry notices me run the goosebumps forming on my arms.

"A little." Harry takes his coat off and puts it on me sweetly.

Ugh. He really is a sweet guy.

"No harry it's fin-" I start but he shushes me.

"Tess," Harry sits down on the ground and pats the side next to him. "Sit." Harry motions me ot come over. I sit down next to him and lay my head on his shoulder.

"You so like me." I can almost feel Harry smirking from above me.

"Not gonna lie," I laugh. I really do like him, I don't know how he did it but I guess I've fallen for him just like the other millions of girls.

I slowly look up at Harry's green eyes.

He slowly leans down and gives me a soft kiss without warning. After a few moments of pure magic, I pull away, looking away.

He tries to break the ice by coughing.

"Yeah, it's getting really cold." I get up from the cold grass and Harry gets up behind me.

"Yeah, uh, let's go.' Harry gets up and leads the way to the car. Thankfully no paparazzi show up.

The drive home is one of the most awkwardest things ever. It's sad we can't even get dinner without being trampled by paparazzi. I don't want to be hated by millions of girls. God, I really hope this isn't spreading around the media.