Thirty

Thirty

July 17, 2022

4:58pm

Los Angeles, California

Sage

"Thank you for all your help," Ashton shook Ms. Debby's hand.

"Not a problem, congratulations on getting full guardianship," she smiled, "don't let anything hurt her," she warned him, then looked at me.

"Believe me, I won't," Ashton reassured her, putting an arm around me. After saying a final goodbye, we left the courtroom, both keeping the smiles on our faces. "How do you feel,"

"Good," I admitted, "really good,"

"I do too,"

"Do you have to go?"

"Flying to Ohio tonight, but we have the day together," he promised.

"And we can do anything?"

"Within reason," he nodded, which made me think for a moment.

"Could we go to your clubhouse?"

"Has to be a quick trip, but we can," he agreed. He drove us home so we could change, then we were right back in the car to go to the clubhouse. Neither of us talked as he drove, but I kept my airpods in listening to Superache by Conan Gray.

Before arriving at the clubhouse, we stopped and got Panda Express, then went to the clubhouse. The two of us sat on the back patio, quietly eating as we looked out at the view. "I can't wait for the tour to be over," I told him.

"You mention that a lot," he chuckled.

"I like staying with Sierra and Crystal, but it's not the same. It can be lonely without you," I admitted.

"I'll be back for awhile,"

"Can we get a dog?"

"Absolutely not," he shook his head.

"It would help with my loneliness," I persuaded him.

"I'll think about it,"

"Please,"

"Maybe,"

"That's not a no," I pointed out.

"It's not, but if you keep acting like a booger it'll be a no," he warned, making me giggle.

"Sorry,"

"That's alright," he chuckled. "Finish up, I told you it would be a quick trip," he stood up to throw his trash away. I shoved the rest of the food into my mouth before going in to throw my garbage away, then we were back on the road. As he drove back, I put my airpods back in and closed my eyes, letting the music play.

"Oh, summer child

You don't have to act like all you feel is mild

You don't really love the Sun, it drives you wild

You're lyin', summer child"

A/N: and that's the book! as i finished it summer child turned on lol

thank you guys for reading! i hope you enjoyed it as much as i did writing it :)