Thirteen

Thirteen

May 17, 2022

8:38am

Los Angeles, California

Sage

"I just got her a new phone, so she has all of our contact information. Also make sure she eats lunch and dinner, and if she wants breakfast, but she told me she hates breakfast. We just got new clothes and other stuff, but if she needs something else I gave her my card, so if you can take her that would be great," Ashton rambled as we were in Michael and Crystal's kitchen. I kept my hand on my chin as Ashton was explaining everything to Crystal, not leaving out one detail. Everyone was amused by the conversation, but I was just tired.

"Brooke mentioned she had anxiety medication and allergy medication, but I can't get ahold of her. I'm having her take benadryl when she feels anxious, but obviously it's not the same. I'm not sure if she'll go through withdrawals with it, but I'm trying to contact her dad about switching her to my insurance so I can get all that stuff. I'm also filling out paperwork  ut if there is an emergency-"

"Ashton, relax," Crystal laughed, finally getting him to stop. "She's fifteen, if she needs something she will tell me, but we've got it handled. We'll get her settled into your place and I'll make sure she's alive and well," Ashton sighed, but looked at me, which made me pick my head up.

"You sure you'll be alright?"

"Did you call the school?"

"I did, it doesn't matter that you're missing the week, it's the end of the year and they said it's fine,"

"When will you be back?"

"The 22,"

"I'll be ok," I confirmed.

"You'll be more than ok," Michael gave me a hug from behind, "you got some pretty awesome people here to look after you,"

"And we'll do fun things," Crystal smiled.

"We should get going to the airport," Michael told him. Instantly, Ashton was rambling again.

"Call me if you need anything, I want to hear from you every night, send update texts, remember to take Benadryl if you need it," he said as Michael began to gather their bags. "If your parents contact you-"

"Tell an adult and then call you, don't respond, check the ring notifications to see who is at the door, I know," I cut him off. He sent me a small smile and let out a sigh.

"I know you know,"

"You're going too parent mode,"

"Sorry,"

"It's alright,"

"I just worry,"

"I know," I giggled. He gave me a final hug and I hugged him back, not letting go till he did.

"I'll see you in six days," he finally let go of the hug.

"Six days," I repeated. Michael dragged him out of the house to get in the uber to the airport. Once they were gone, Crystal looked at me with a smile.

"How are you doing?"

"Alright," I shrugged.

"Anything you want to do this week?" she asked.

"I'm not really sure,"

"We'll think of some fun stuff," she smiled with a wink.