Fourteen

Fourteen

May 20, 2022

11:51pm

Los Angeles, California

Sage

"Sage, your phone," Evan shook me awake. I grumbled and pulled the blanket closer to me, trying to hide. "It's Ashton," that made me shoot up.

"Shit, shit," I swore as I heard the ringing end. Quickly, I grabbed my glasses and put them on before calling back. I was supposed to call before the show, but I had fallen asleep at Evan's. As I waited for Ashton to pick up, Evan watched completely amused by the situation.

After three rings, Ashton picked up, "Sorry, I fell asleep," I apologized.

"It's ok, sorry for waking you," he chuckled, but then frowned. "Where are you?"

"At my friends, I'm spending the night. Crystal said it was ok,"

"Alright," he nodded, visibly relaxing. I could hear the other guys laughing in the back from how tense he got. "I'll let you get back to bed-"

"No, it's ok. How was the show?"

"Really good, but exhausting. Ready to come home for a little break,"

"I bet,"

"How are you doing?"

"Good, Crystal and Sierra are taking me room shopping tomorrow," I shrugged. "Got to hang out with friends today, so that was fun,"

"Good," he smiled.

"Have you gotten in contact with my dad?" I changed the topic.

"No, not yet," he shook his head. "Why?"

"Cause I want my anxiety medication," I mumbled, playing with the duvet cover.

"Has it been bad?"

"I take benadryl to help, but it's not the best,"

"When I get back I'll go over if I have to," he told me and I nodded. "Has everything else been alright?"

"Yeah, everything else is fine," I confirmed.

"Alright, we're approaching the airport, so I'll call you tomorrow. Love you,"

"Love you too, bye," I lightly smiled, then ended the call. I sighed and put my phone back down and laid down.

"Your anxiety has been bad?" Evan asked as he laid down next to me. I turned to face him and played with the hair tie on my wrist.

"Sometimes, I think I'm going through withdrawals. I get a really bad headache and get moody, plus I've been really tired,"

"Do you need anything?" he questioned, but I shook my head.

"No, I'm ok," I finally looked up at him. "Are you doing ok?"

"Stop worrying about everyone else," he lightly chuckled as he grabbed my hand, rubbing the back of it with his thumb. "You need to worry about yourself right now," I felt my heart speed up right when he touched my hand. I had liked him for a while, but I don't know if he felt the same, and I wasn't willing to take the risk to find out.

"It's a nice distraction,"

"Do you want distractions?" he questioned.

"It stops me from going crazy,"

"I can be a distraction,"

"You'd be a great distraction,"

"Then I'll make that my purpose," he smiled, making me giggle. He turned and grabbed the remote, turning on some Youtube videos, before pulling me into a hug and letting me relax in his hold for the night.