Twenty Six

Twenty Six

July 11, 2022

4:32am

New York City, New York

Sage

"I'll take your bag," Evan grabbed my rolling luggage from me. I didn't say anything, but leaned against his side. "Man, you really don't handle flights well,"

"I want Ashton," I mumbled.

"Lucky for you, we will see them soon," he grinned, trying to cheer me up. I didn't respond, which made him sigh. "Let's head to the hotel," I nodded in agreement and we left, getting an uber and getting in the back. The ride was silent, but we finally made it in the city and then checked in. Ashton got us a room, then gave us a long conversation about how we will not be doing anything inappropriate, and it was the worst conversation ever. I had forced Sierra to hang up the phone from how awful it was.

"You pick which bed you want," Evan told me. I picked the one closest to the window and collapsed into it, not bothering to change. Evan was getting ready for bed, but I quickly fell asleep without another word.

11:12am

"Sage, Ashton's here," Evan shook my arm. I groaned and turned over, burying myself further into my comforter. There was nothing else said, but I felt someone sit on my bed and rub my back.

"Sagey, time to wake up," Ashton's voice sang. I huffed and opened my eyes, turning over to see Ashton sitting on the edge of my bed. I sat up and he pulled me into a hug, neither of us letting go. He kissed the side of my head as I buried my head into the crook of his neck. "How was the flight?"

"Not good," I mumbled.

"Most of the time was spent in the bathroom," Evan admitted.

"I'm sorry," Ashton sighed as we pulled away from the hug. "Go get ready so we can get brunch, ok?"

"Is everyone here?"

"Yep," he nodded. "And Calum's girlfriend, Brandy, is here," he told me. I nodded and finally got up, going to my suitcase and grabbing everything I needed to get ready. I went into the bathroom and quickly got ready, throwing on a pair of baggy jeans and a green floral cropped tank top. Once I was finished getting ready, I left the room where Ashton and Evan were waiting, then slid on my white shoes and we left.

The two of us followed Ashton to the restaurant. I held Evan's hand as he sometimes planted kisses on my hand, which made me smile. We made it to the restaurant and everyone was waiting. "Sagey," Michael quickly got up, tackling me into a hug, which made me laugh. "I missed you,"

"I missed you too," I hugged him back. We all sat around and began to catch up, which I missed. As much as I missed touring with them, I still was happy I was home.