Chapter 28

I trailed my hand finger over his chest while I laid my head against him. 

It felt so good to be with him like this, even if I have to leave soon to fulfil my wretched princess duties. 

"You know, if you continue doing that, I might just lock you away in here all day and have you for myself," Drew mumbled in a sexily sleepy breath. 

God I love when he does that. 

"Maybe staying in bed all day isn't a bad idea," I teased as I continued my trail on his chest. It rumbled in a light chuckle before he pulled me over his body so that I was straddling him. 

"You have to get home. Wont Ruby be there in say...thirty minutes," he added after checking the time. 

I groaned. I knew for sure that Ruby knew that something was up. Mumbles in my bedroom and sudden closed doors must've gotten her thinking. But that's just what I like about Ruby. She doesn't act the wiser. 

"Ruby can wait. For now..." I didn't say anything else. I simply brought my lips down to his. 

I felt them pulling into a smile before they started moving slowly. He tasted sweet, like mangoes. Odd for someone who drinks blood to survive. 

However, that very thought had me jolting my head away. "Do you brush your teeth after you feed?" I don't know why, but the question had never occurred to me. 

Chuckling, he simply nodded and pulled me back to him. "I do it for you. I am considerate, you know?" 

"Every time?" 

"Every time," he confirmed with a grin. "Now, are you gonna kiss me again? Or do you have more questions?"

Now that he's mentioned it...

"Well, I actually--"

"Jeesh I was just joking, but since you do, go ahead." He sighed and I could see that he obviously wasn't in the mood for talking but obliged for my sake. 

Giggling a little, I shuffled from his lap so that I was sitting next to him and he sat up more and rested his against the headrest. 

"What's up?"

For some reason I suddenly felt nervous. How will he react? 

"So, I was thinking about the vampires in the warehouse. Why haven't you killed them?" 

Wow, very subtle Amber. Very subtle. 

His eyebrow scrunched into confusion for a while before he leant closer to me. "What do you mean?"

"Well, Lorenzo believes they were sired by Dageian. And if that is so, they can't be free from him until they do something for him or whatever, right?" 

"That is right." He nodded. 

"Well in that case, I think the safest thing to do is end them. What happens if he finds out where they are being kept and free them? Or if one should escape and free them all, or even worse, a vampire that hasn't been caught frees them? That is almost 500 angry vampires who had been feeding on animal blood for days out to get us. I don't think it is safe." I ended with a breath, but I felt pretty good. 

Drew was quiet for a while as if contemplating the odds, but ultimately, he shook his head. "We don't need to kill them." 

"Why not? Drew it's not sa--"

"I said no," he cut me off sternly, and I raised a questioning eyebrow at him. Did he really just do that? "Most of those vampires are innocent people who were going along with their lives and he changed them. They can get a chance at."