Chapter 21

"Okay, what are we planning?"

"Why do you look so enthusiastic Aryan? And we are not planning anything. We're just sitting together and having tea."

Aryan wanted to bang his head on the table. Except for Advitya, Meera and Swadheenta,  who are obviously busy with their work in their offices, the whole family is sitting in the living room and chatting and while he loved them all, they are not as bright as he is.

"Maybe you all have forgotten but I haven't. It's my favorite couple's anniversary in two months, and I need to do something for them. And you too. Give me party ideas. It's a big deal." That's when everyone realized that it actually is Advitya and Meera's third marriage anniversary in two months. And they have to do something special. With Advitya being shot and stuff, this year has been difficult for them both. So those two deserve a great party as well as some time to relax.

"Why don't we send them on a holiday, probably for a week before their anniversary, and they should come back on that day and we can throw them a party here?"

"That is a great idea Ruhanika beta." Aryan's father smiled at his daughter's idea.

Raj cleared his throat, "So it's settled. We have to plan a trip to send those two workaholics at and then plan a surprise party. But I swear, if any of you said a word to this to them, I will cancel your anniversary party."

Everyone in the family was married, so they all shook their heads and gestured with their hands that their mouths are zipped. Satisfied, Raj nodded at them and all the elders started planning the party while the twins and Ruhanika looked for places to send these two at.

                       《▪︎▪︎ ▪︎▪︎ ▪︎▪︎》

Aryan was sitting in his room with his diary and pen. He was so frustrated he almost threw the diary across the room but didn't when he saw Ruhanika enter. She saw his expression and immediately understood what is wrong with him.

Aryan has not been able to write songs for his next album. All he came up with were three songs in total, and he didn't really like two of them. He is frustrated. He is tired. Writing a song was never his strong suit but he managed for three albums. Now he is having trouble. He is a musician, he can put music to words and make it a song, but now that he doesn't even have words, it feels like he isn't good enough. Besides the pressure his management company is putting on him to come up with new songs is worse. He was given a deadline of six months. He only has one month before that ends. He hasn't been able to write something in five months, and he doesn't have much hope left.

He puts up a funny and charming front, so no one in the family gets worried, but his frustration has to come out someway. And that is where he is losing it. He got it out on Ruhanika a couple days ago. She didn't say anything because she understood, it wasn't like he yelled at her or anything. His frustration however was very visible in the way he fucked her. He has always been a soft love making kind of person. So she was surprised when he went for angry sex, but she didn't say anything. But he is worried that she will see what a disappointment he is and will then leave him. He is afraid he would lose both his wife and his career.

Ruhanika thinks otherwise. She knows it's normal to get a writer's block, but she cannot pacify him when his career is on the line. He doesn't listen. Their relationship has been going a little rocky but they do a good job convincing everyone that everything is going great. What stresses her the most is that he is not willing to talk. Not about music, or their marriage. Whenever he is alone with her, he just does his own thing. Because that is his weird defense mechanism.

She loves him, and she knows he loves her too. Every marriage has problems, and these two can solve them only if he puts in efforts too. She can't fight these battles alone, he has to be there.