Chapter 10

A week.

This man came here for work and that is literally all he has done for a week.

Bored to death.

That's the only thing Swadheenta has felt in this beautiful city. Well atleast for the first two days. After that she felt she has had enough and went out.

This city is too beautiful to sit inside the room and just watch. She needed to do more. So she went out. She bought all those art supplies she planned on buying and started painting the gorgeous view she has from her hotel window. She could have just taken a picture but there is something so beautiful and deep behind art that a camera could never match. Besides she needed something to pass her time.

Her wonderful husband was too busy anyway. He left really early and came back really late. Her only companion these days was her bodyguard. Daniel is his name, she had seen him alot of times before. He actually worked with Advitya as a personal guard but accompanied them when they needed one and Advitya offered.

He was stiff at first but he makes good company. He had a great sense of humor.

Maybe I should've married him. Atleast I won't be alone here.

But, she kind of knew this would happen. Ayaan is here for work afterall. So she went out, alone, tried a few different café, new food and places, got alot of pictures clicked. Thanks to Daniel. But missing a person is the same as missing ice cream in a shake. You will surely live but it won't be fun.

She wanted him with her on this vacation. She is bored, even if she is walking around the city. She needed him with her. He was her favorite source of entertainment. He is funny, charming, he is clingy too sometimes but well, she can manage.

Ayaan on the other hand was fucking tired. He had been continuously working for the past week and he does not like it. He misses his wife. He leaves even before she wakes up and comes back after she has fallen asleep most of the time.

Work is taking a toll on him. His eyes look lifeless. And it feels like he is sick. A man who has been working for ages without rest.

Okay, all of that was too dramatic.

He is just really tired and he needs a good sleep. And he has just woken up from one of those. His work here is done and it is vacation time. He is going to spend time with her and enjoy his work less days.

With that thought, he got up and got ready. His wife was not in the room, which meant she must be having breakfast in the lobby. He made his way downstairs to see his wife enjoying her breakfast while she chatted and laughed with Daniel.

He wouldn't have thought anything of it but Daniel laughed too. He is a fun guy to be around but he is her bodyguard. Nope. This isn't happening. Just because he wasn't here doesn't mean his wife made a brand new best friend and laugh away.

Did she even miss me?

He saw her laugh at another thing Daniel said where she hit his arm with her hand and rest it there for a few seconds before removing it.

Apparently not.

"What happened? Why are you two laughing like hyenas?" Ayaan took a seat opposite to Swadheenta as Daniel was standing next to her.

"Nothing. Daniel here just said something funny related to something we were talking about earlier. You won't get it. It's in a completely different context." Swadheenta shrugged casually while Ayaan was glaring daggers at Daniel, who gave one look to his boss and took his leave to give them privacy and to observe from a safe distance.