Chapter 2

A month has passed to the award ceremony. Life is back on track since when the Rajvansh's returned from Mumbai. The hustle bustle in the kitchen was something that happened every day. As the people in the family all rushed to work. 

The servants moved around in the kitchen preparing breakfast for everyone. Many dishes were already prepared and were being plated. Everyone had a different preference over what they liked to eat and that was what was prepared for them. Meera stood in the kitchen in her white body con dress that hugged her curves perfectly. She looked professional as her hair was pulled back in a ponytail with a middle part. Her feet clad in high heels moved across the kitchen to prepare poached eggs, avocado toast and a glass of raspberry smoothie. Her husband was a picky eater and now had a taste for the food she made. 

After finishing making the breakfast, she asked the house help to set the table. Making her way out of the kitchen, she found all the elders already at the table. Her grandfather sat at the head of the table with his wife on his right and his elder son on his left. Her chachu and chachi (uncle and aunt) sat beside dadi(grandmother) while her mother in law was setting the plates on the table. 

"Good Morning meera beta" her dadi said fondly looking at her eldest granddaughter in law. The family has known Meera since she was 10. Her father worked with Raj Rajvansh in his company and they lived very close to them. Her father wasn't very rich, which was why the Rajvansh's offered their cottage close to their house to him. 

Gaurav Kashyap was a loyal man. Being a single father, he had many responsibilities on his head. And when Anjali Rajvansh, Advitya's mother met little Meera, she offered to help her father. The whole family had known Meera since she was a kid. That is actually where her friendship with Ayaan started. Aryan also joined the duo many times but Ayaan and Meera had always been the best and the most entertaining duo in the family. 

She was not close to Advitya as he was the closed off, emotionally unavailable person. But she saw a different person after they got married. He is still closed off to everyone. Still gives her blank stares but is a comparatively different person when he is alone with her. His eyes soften, his walls fall down, he even smiles at her sometimes. He doesn't say much but listens to everything she says. 

He is not good with words but he makes up for it with his gestures. For a man as closed off as he is, his love language is surely  touch. He never stops her from doing anything she wants. One day he might actually bring her the moon or something. 

Meera smiled at her dadi and wished everyone a good morning. Everyone else came down for breakfast and the family chatted a little. 

Meera and Advitya walked toward their cars, and just as they reached them, she held his hand and turned towards him. "Suno khadoos, raat ko jaldi aana. Aaj khaane ke baad meetha bhi milega." She looked up at him with her big brown eyes and a mischievous smile.

(Listen, come back early today. You'll even get dessert after dinner)

Confused Advitya frowned at her. "I am not a fan of sweets Meera, I thought you knew that." All mischief was ripped off of Meera's face and she looked at her husband like he is an alien. 

"Just go Advitya, go to your work. Bye." She walked towards her car, sat in and drove away. 

Advitya frowned, sat in his car and went to work.

                         《▪︎▪︎ ▪︎▪︎ ▪︎▪︎》

Ayaan was also set to leave for his office.  He made his way out of the house with his father and uncle and sat in his car checking his mail, while the other two left in another car. After waiting for fifteen minutes, Swadheenta entered the car and set her bag in the back seat.