Chapter 1

All eyes were on him. Afterall, he just won the award for businessman of the year. He deserved it. He worked hard for it. His father always said that hard work pays off and it did. Not one but three people in the Rajvansh family won an award today.

He was standing on the stage looking at the audience that was applauding for him. Not all were happy that he won but pretense is what worked in their world. He then looked at his family, the people who weren't pretending, ones that actually cared. His parents, grandparents and his bade papa and badi ma (uncle and aunt). They were looking at him with pride. They knew they made the right decision by giving him the company. His gaze then turned to his brothers. His twin stood there with a smirk clearly saying 'I told you, you'll win' and his cousin stood there with a blank expression.

Nothing can get a reaction out of that man.

But that wasn't the case. He saw what others didn't. He saw pride in his brother's eyes and that was enough for him. He moved towards the podium, put his trophy down and cleared his throat, " Thank you everyone. I am honored to be here and stand in front of so many successful and respected people from the industry. I want to thank my grandfather, Mr. Yashwardhan Rajvansh, my uncle Mr. Raj Rajvansh and my father, Mr. Rishabh Rajvansh for trusting me with such a big responsibility.

My mom, grandma and my badi ma (aunt), you taught me everything I know and I cannot be more grateful. My brothers, Bhaiya (elder brother), you taught me that no matter what happens, we should never give up just like you didn't. Thank you for being my idol. And Aryan, well he didn't really teach me anything other than how to steal chocolate from the jar on the top shelf but I am still grateful to have you."

A chorus of chuckles echo through the hall and Aryan grumbles under his breath calling him an ungrateful ass.

"I  am also honored to share this award with my best friend,  the businesswoman of the year, Meera Kashyap everyone." People around the hall applaud once again. "You're the best bhabhi (sister in law). This is a great day for our family to be honest."

"And last but not the least, the one person who has supported me through everything. My wife."

Swadheenta's eyes widen as attention shifts towards her. People around her applaud and aww at the chemistry the couple shares. She hated the spotlight and the asshole of a husband she has always does something to pent up her anger. She glares at him but with a small smile on her pretty face.

She was looking stunning in a navy blue shoulder less dress with heavy embroidery. She was a fashion designer and designed the clothes for all the women in the family for the event. These award functions were big events and the Rajvansh's never miss a chance to dress up.

Ayaan smirks a little in his wife's direction. He thanks everyone and make his way down the stage towards his family. He stands beside Swadheenta and she pinches his side. It does little to phase him as he looks down towards her raising a perfect eyebrow.

"You did that on purpose, didn't you? You know I get awkward in the spotlight and now you just do it deliberately. You just wait till we get home."

"I just thanked you for your support Swadheenta, why are you getting angry?" He asks with an innocent look. He knows she is going to chop his hair in his sleep or something.

                          《▪︎▪︎ ▪︎▪︎ ▪︎▪︎》

The party was in full swing. The awards have ended and the people are now gathered in the hall enjoying the food and drinks. A beautiful woman in a printed sky blue silk gown stood in one corner with a wine glass in her hand. Her black eyes were observing people as she stood alone.