"Kar", not "Car"

Kar's head shot up at the tiny, approaching footsteps crunching through the leaves. He could hear faint muttering, but it was beyond incomprehensible from the distance between them.

His heart began to beat faster, and he ducked behind a large swath of foliage, hoping he wouldn't be spotted. His hands wrapped around his knees, and he hunched down, trying to become as small as possible.

It wasn't easy, being more than 70 feet tall and trying to be small, when a human was nearby. His pathetic attempt at "small" probably towered over the average two-story building.

As the footsteps grew near, his heart beat faster, louder. Maybe the human could hear it?

That would be an embarrassing way to get caught.

"-stupid phone, stupid map-" Kar heard the human grumble under his breath, "-can't believe how lost I am right now..."

Kar tried to keep his breathing as slow and unobtrusive as possible. The quicker the human got himself out of the forest, the quicker he could get out of that cramped, uncomfortable position.

He opened his mouth, squinting his eyes in concentration...

The human froze when he heard the twig snap. "Who's there?" He said quickly. Was his head messing with him? How did that sound come from everywhere?

Another sound made a chill go up his rigid spine.

Kar nearly cried out at how sore his throat felt. Mimicking the sounds of the forest, especially that blasted bear, was the most draining thing he could ever do in his entire life.

He saw the human stumble, reacting instantly to the snarl of a black bear. He could faintly hear the human whispering, "No, no no no..." He frowned with guilt. He hated scaring humans, but it was necessary.

To keep himself safe.

He prepared himself again, taking another deep breath. Then he froze mid-growl as the human's head turned in his direction.

The human was panicking. It was already bad enough that he was lost in the forest, near dark, but being hunted by a bear was another.

He looked around wildly, straining to see the bear. Hopefully he could dodge its first attack?

He heard a sharp, loud inhale, and he turned to the noise, just as the bear let out a loud, rumbling growl.

He paused before he screamed, and it occured to him that the bear should've been essentially breathing down his neck if those sounds had been that loud.

Where had it come from? It seemed to be all-encompassing, no clear direction that the bear could've came from.

He shivered. The forest was scary, not to mention dangerous.

He moved forward, deciding that it was more worth it to stay moving. Maybe the bear was just guarding its home.

He ducked behind some bushes, and bumped against something. It was light blue, like a solid wall. It was soft, like a cloth blanket. If he wasn't stressed out right now, he would've curled up and laid down right on top of it.

He touched it, and heard the sudden, sharp intake of breath above him. Confused, he looked up.

And right into the eyes of a giant.

"What the hell?!" He shrieked, diving back through the bushes, stumbling away from the gigantic... whatever it was. He fell down as his clothes were tangled on the foliage, and he was stuck, just like that. Like a fly caught in a web.