Rain (Part 1)

The rain hit Fern's head. It felt pretty heavy.

Maybe that's what happens when you're almost the size of one.

Fern shrieked as another fell on top of him, and slowly he began to get pushed around, battered by the ferocious raindrops.

He whimpered as the cold water splashed on his head, his sparsely covered skin, and his scars.

Oh, his scars burned with terrible pain that made him squeak from the shocks that ran up and down his body.

Soon, he was being swept away, unable to fight the flooding rain.

His body felt numb from the cold, and his struggles grew weaker, and weaker, until he wasn't struggling at all.

...

Connor wasn't really expecting the rain to come down so hard.

An umbrella would've been just fine.

Instead he was outside wearing a raincoat, gloves, the whole thing. All of it with an umbrella.

What could he say? Everybody said he would go overkill on essentially everything.

To keep rain from flooding into his eyes, Connor ducked his head down, staring at the ground.

Wet dirt, wet grass, the occasional wet worm...

Wet tiny person...

Wait... Tiny person?!

Connor crouched down and stared at the tiny being. It - he was twitching slightly, and there was blood and scars running all along his body.

Well... Damn.

Connor grabbed one of his gloves and ripped it off, ignoring how the cold bit at his skin, making his hand freeze.

He gently scooped the tiny person into the glove, so if he really was alive, he would at least be offered some warmth.

He turned tail, no caring how the rain stabbed his skin, and ran as fast as he could back home.