Part 28

"Your highness?" you looked up to him with your lips pressed together, handing him the orange you had been peeling. "Do you want to say something?" he raised his eyebrows slightly, seeing you stare up at him.

"Umm" you nodded. "Can you listen to me?" you pouted as his whole concentration was on the book he was reading. "Okay. What is it that you want to say?" he set the book aside, leaning forward his elbows on the table.

"Do you still remember when the physician said that my mood can change really quickly, your highness?" you asked, leaning your shoulders towards him. "I remember, she said that it is one of the pregnancy symptoms" he said, coming closer to your face.

"That is correct. That means even when I really don't feel sad, I am sad. It is because of pregnancy and because I have two babies, the symptoms are doubled." you extended your hands, your elbow touching the table.

Taehyung's gaze was fixed at your face the whole time as if you were the hidden treasure he got to see after thousands of years. He leaned more closer before connecting his lips with yours for a second, it wasn't even enough for you to realize he was kissing you. And he stared at your face again.

"So, whenever I feel sad or gloomy, I don't feel like that in reality. It is just a symptom." you tried to pick up where you left. A few seconds later, he pecks your lips again, this time a bit longer and a foolish smile has made its way in his lips.

Court lady, Bora and his highness's head eunuch lowered their heads, trying hard to hold their smiles and giggles.

"Your highness!" you whined because he wasn't listening to you. "Why? Do you not like it?" he asked, concerned. "No, it isn't that...But you aren't listening to me." you said in a low tone, whining after thinking about it for a good minute.

"I am listening. You were saying that your mood constantly changes because you are carrying two babies. And it isn't how you feel. Pregnancy is making you feel things way more sensitively than they are." he closed his eyes as means to assure you.

"But you are not taking me seriously." you annoyedly said. "I will listen properly now. No kissing! Tell me!" he said with a straight voice as if he was announcing something in the royal conference.

"I mean to say that you don't need to worry about me. I do feel sad some days but it isn't how I truly feel. So, focus on your work. I heard the war will affect us badly, if not taken care of immediately. I know you can save the countries from this calamity." you affirmed, squeezing his hands tightly.

Amidst the conversation, you realized that many servants were inside the room. You ordered them to leave even though it wouldn't make much of a difference. People said that even walls have ears but the palace's walls seemed to have extra good hearing.

"You think I can do it?" his expressions became soft. "I believe you can do it. You are the King of Yeontan Kingdom, you have 10 consorts. What can be impossible for you!" you side eyed him. He laughed silently.

"I don't know what you think about it but I wouldn't like my children to be born during a war. I want them to come into this world after it is beautiful and peaceful again." you asserted, looking up to his face. He was immersed in his thoughts.

"I would not like it either." he pressed his lips together. "Do what you believe is right. You would never judge anything wrong. And even if something goes wrong, it is not the end. There is still hope.

You can also ask Yoongi if you need suggestions. He is quite intelligent." you knew that Taehyung needed some guidance, support to tell him what he's doing is correct but unfortunately, you didn't possess those qualities.