Part 16

"Come closer" he demanded. "I can't do more than this. My baby bump is big." you chuckled, the pinkish tint on your ears turning into red. "Huh?" he raised his eyebrows, his eyes that spitted fire in them seemed to be replaced by softness. Slowly breaking off the hug, he gawked at your belly as if it was the first time he realized he had a child. His eyes didn't know any other place

Taking his right hand, you placed it on your belly. "Say something. The child never gets to hear your voice because you are always busy." you suggested, stressing your eyebrows with a serene smile.

He hesitated for a moment while looking fondly at his hand that was touching your belly.

'What should I say?' Taehyung contemplated it as it was his first time interacting with his unborn child. "You shall be the king." he said, his lips slightly curved after minutes of silence.

"Say something normal. Do you already want to scare the kid?" you giggled. "Huh?" he slightly raised his eyebrow, looking at you softly. "What should I say?" he asked with confusion. "Anything. You can tell the baby how you feel about him or tell you about your day." you were the expert on what to talk with your baby. There hadn't been a single day where you didn't talk with him for hours.

Taehyung cleared his throat. He looked as if he had to announce something big in front of the whole nation. Fixing the collar of his hanbok, "How are you? How is it there?" his voice slowed down as he talked. You nodded affirming him he was doing good when he met your gaze, not knowing what to say further. "Your mother...Do you also notice how she snores? I couldn't fall asleep at first but now I am used to it." He narrowed his eyes.

"What do you mean I snore, your highness? I have been a quiet sleeper all my life." you pouted, at his unbelievable complaint. "Ask the guards about it." he said sarcastically. You knew for sure he was just bullying you but you let it slide because he was smiling. It wasn't one where his lips curved from ear to ear but his lips were slightly curved, at least they weren't drawn into a line.

It was already late and you were feeling sleepy. Placing your hand beside Taehyung's legs, you bent towards him trying to stand. You gasped as you were taken by surprise. "Your highness" you muttered while he rested his head on your shoulder, his arms wrapped around your shoulders. "Don't you use the same water while bathing? Why do you smell so good?" he whispered, snuggling his nose onto your neck. You grinned.

Even a few good words from his mouth were enough to make you blush for the whole night. "Your highness, I need to report-" Jimin suddenly barged into the room. You got shy when you saw him and broke off the hug. "Pardon me, your highness. I will be waiting outside." Jimin apologized and bowed to Taehyung whose head was tilted backwards.

Taehyung approved with his eyes before turning forward to continue his important businesseu~ But you were gone. You were already lying on your futon head hidden inside your blanket. "How embarrassing!" you squeezed your eyes as Jimin's face ran in your mind when he saw you two like that. Taehyung sighed because he wanted to hug you a bit more.

"What's the matter for you to run like this in the middle of the night?" Taehyung questioned, stepping out of your shared room. "Your majesty, the emperor of Gureum will arrive in a few days. I heard he will be setting out tomorrow. He sent you a letter." Jimin delivered the urgent situation.

"He wants to talk about the upcoming war? Keep this secret and spread the word that a minister from Gureum is visiting." Taehyung ordered Jimin.

"According to my knowledge, the left state councillor has seen Gureum's emperor before. I doubt he would buy our lie." Jimin showed concern. "He saw him when he was a teenager. He is in his mid 40s and has drastically changed. Although I trained in Gureum for 2 years under him, I couldn't recognize him after 10 years." Taehyung was confident about his plan.